2016 Rule Congress proposals

weather for the weekend looks good with only hassles seeming for those coming from the Northwest.

https://weather.com/maps/planner

That is, if you can find a plane back on schedule after last weekend.

Percussionists, please check avalanche conditions before tapping away there in Colorado.

if it were just directors, I can see it. but for caucuses, the leadership stuff they've been doing, also for tour partners....ineffective

I really disagree. I can invite up to 25 people to join a Webex of my desktop in minutes. I've joined Webex conferences of 250 people watching slides and listening. I'm sure DCI could find a way to corral 50 TEP and/or 50 directors, along with 50 "leaders", and likely 50 judges without too much work, and certainly spend less money getting the message across. Sure, we'd all like to be in the mountains enjoying face time, but there's a gorilla of a reality here.

They stopped doing TEP conferences altogether. I think they do judges and leadership now. Done well these can and are being done via Webex as effectively.

It's tried and tested technology they've all used dozens of times, right?

Edited by garfield
  • Like 1

This is where we could all use a Michael Boo blog about now.................................."Live from the Holiday Inn ducking planes at Stapleton East.... and here's what's happening...."*

All DCI twitter and FB are giving us are ancillary glimpses...how to spend more money for knick-knacks, etc. and photos of the DCI royal court personages.

We want the meat, not the garnish.

The cognoscenti gatekeeping the release of CC '16, BD '16, Bloo '16, and SCV '16 show info must have taken DCI media hostage as well.

Stand by.

*yes, I know that Stapleton was the old airport and that DIA is the new. I was being funny.

Edited by xandandl

It appears that the only proposals that passed were the half-tenths for subcaptions, the electronics modifications, and the percussion scoresheet modifications.

Also, it's no longer Percussion 1 and 2. Now it's Field Percussion and Ensemble Percussion, with Ensemble appearing at all competitions and Field only at the regionals and championships.

http://m.dci.org/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210675332

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

So they acknowledge in domes upstairs alone is worthless.

Nothing to celebrate though.

• Like 1

It appears that the only proposals that passed were the half-tenths for subcaptions, the electronics modifications, and the percussion scoresheet modifications.

Also, it's no longer Percussion 1 and 2. Now it's Field Percussion and Ensemble Percussion, with Ensemble appearing at all competitions and Field only at the regionals and championships.

http://m.dci.org/mobile/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=210675332

Does this mean percussion is being judged from the pressbox almost exclusively now with the exceptions of regionals and championships?

No recaps until after the season....no!!!