SCV 2016

This year is glorious. And the percussion section is fantastic, playing hard, clean and musical. Can you believe they've been criticized this year for their front ensemble performance, in shows where the percussion judge was in the box. A shameful display of ignorance.

• Like 1

According to Jeff Ream, SCV got 2nd in drums, if true, great news.

Jeffe77, yeah, they were 2nd in perc at San Antonio, after a 5th in Houston.

• Like 2

Nice overall score in SA, too. Now I hope they refresh on their freeday in SA, then do whatever it takes to add something to that ending.

• Like 2

A colleague from Germany came and watched the SW Championship webcast of BD, Bloo, Crown, SCV, and Academy (in that order) with me. She had never seen drum corps before in her life. After SCV, she turned to me and said, without prompting, "I liked them. They're different from the others. They're more... elegant. They have class. It really projects from them."

• Like 7

Quote of the year. That's great!

A colleague from Germany came and watched the SW Championship webcast of BD, Bloo, Crown, SCV, and Academy (in that order) with me. She had never seen drum corps before in her life. After SCV, she turned to me and said, without prompting, "I liked them. They're different from the others. They're more... elegant. They have class. It really projects from them."

Fabulous! Ever since they first enthralled me in 1974, I've felt the same way about them. ALWAYS thrilled when I get to see them live.

SCV should already feel successful this season. What I love about them is that each section of the corps does their job very very well. No section is a hybrid of any other section which makes for great design without having to read doctoral program notes to understand. This doesn't mean that what they do is easy by any means, but easier for me to let go and enjoy!! Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Loved their show last year, but this one is even better. They have the best drill, simply mesmerizing watch!! The music this year is awesome, really conveys the feeling and focus of their show. Can't wait to see them in person next Sunday in NC. Would love to see them place in top 3, Crown, SCV, Bluecoats!!!

• Like 2