SCV 2016

Anyone surprised by SCV not doing as well this season in percussion? Been placing 5th as of the Dekalb show and didn't that high at the Minnesota show. Possible that Rennick's battery arrangements aren't progressing like others, ie..BD and Bluecoats? Typically they start the season strong, not so this season.

Have there been any panels where the drum judge has been judging on the field?

Anyone surprised by SCV not doing as well this season in percussion? Been placing 5th as of the Dekalb show and didn't that high at the Minnesota show. Possible that Rennick's battery arrangements aren't progressing like others, ie..BD and Bluecoats? Typically they start the season strong, not so this season.

I mean something was keeping them within tenths of bd for music, I'd image they were winning percussion early season. Guess we won't know until recaps are released

This thread needs some serious love. What a wonderful show SCV has this year! I'm dying to see this one live, I've seen my other 2 favorites live twice already (Crown and Bloo). This show could potentially jump from my 3rd favorite to my 2nd favorite this season with the right changes. What I'm sincerely hoping for is a soft elegant ending to go with such a beautiful and elegant show. I would LOVE to see something similar to 2009 closer which is easily top 3 moments in DCI for me. That company front with Simple Gifts was so powerful and moving! Then such a wonderfully done soft ending as the corps marches off the field and they lift the guard soloist on the cymbals.....That was my favorite moment of 2009 and one of my all time favorite moments in all of DCI. I would love to see something like that from SCV again!

Again what a wonderful show this year SCV! Keep it up!

• Like 2

You know what would also be kinda cool for this show, would be to reuse some of those LED strips in the beginning of the storm section, and when the corps is in the scatter drill section as the 3 guard members are th roughing the lightning bolt you have certain members activate their led's to make a lightning bolt across the form. Also in the lightning bolt set at the end of the movement, the full corps flashes them again. Get it nice and synchronized and it could look awesome. Or really cheesy, I don't know, just a thought

This thread needs some serious love. What a wonderful show SCV has this year! I'm dying to see this one live, I've seen my other 2 favorites live twice already (Crown and Bloo). This show could potentially jump from my 3rd favorite to my 2nd favorite this season with the right changes. What I'm sincerely hoping for is a soft elegant ending to go with such a beautiful and elegant show. I would LOVE to see something similar to 2009 closer which is easily top 3 moments in DCI for me. That company front with Simple Gifts was so powerful and moving! Then such a wonderfully done soft ending as the corps marches off the field and they lift the guard soloist on the cymbals.....That was my favorite moment of 2009 and one of my all time favorite moments in all of DCI. I would love to see something like that from SCV again!

Again what a wonderful show this year SCV! Keep it up!

SCV is THE ONLY corps that OWNS a soft ending IMO...

• Like 4

So glad to see the 2016 version of the SCV finally getting some decent scores of late from the judges. When I saw them on the livestream out in Calif, I thought they were being underscored ( they still are, imo.. but not quite so much as the first couple of weeks of the season, imo ). I'd like to see their music scores rise, as that seems to be holding them back from serious medals contention at the moment. But Man, what a great visual program SCV has this season. The way they integrate the Guard into their show throughout, makes for a stellar visual treat, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I mean something was keeping them within tenths of bd for music, I'd image they were winning percussion early season. Guess we won't know until recaps are released

I have seen the last 3 recaps and they are consistently placing 4th or 5th. Last night they placed 5th. They were 5th on Content and 3rd in Achv which supports my assertion.

If.....and that is a big IF....if the percussion staff has a shake up, they need to bring in the staff from the Bluestars. They are the same staff for Pulse and they have a conveyor belt of talent from Chino Hills H.S. to Pulse/POW and that pipeline can go right through to SCV, besides that staff loves Vanguard, they do a lot of the Gusseck warm ups, they would be a great fit. Mapes/Grom are a fantastic arranging duo. My 2 cents and sorry for being downer for an amazing season for Vanguard, love their show this season.

I have seen the last 3 recaps and they are consistently placing 4th or 5th. Last night they placed 5th. They were 5th on Content and 3rd in Achv which supports my assertion.

If.....and that is a big IF....if the percussion staff has a shake up, they need to bring in the staff from the Bluestars. They are the same staff for Pulse and they have a conveyor belt of talent from Chino Hills H.S. to Pulse/POW and that pipeline can go right through to SCV, besides that staff loves Vanguard, they do a lot of the Gusseck warm ups, they would be a great fit. Mapes/Grom are a fantastic arranging duo. My 2 cents and sorry for being downer for an amazing season for Vanguard, love their show this season.

I wouldn't discount them just yet. This is the group that would have won drums last year if not for an off night at finals, a large number of vets and a Rennick book. If they need to pump it up they certainly will. I will add that the musicality is important to them so if they have to just pound drums for the sake of scores, I don't think we will see it. I look forward to the rest of the season.

• Like 2