SCV 2016

A nearly perfect show. This is up there with my favorites from SCV. That Minnesota performance. Wow. Saturday can't get here quick enough.

Edited by ShouldveMarchedAgeOut
  • Like 2

Loving the show this year! Lots of great moments, an interesting design that feels both modern yet vintage, and some great music, guard, and percussion. All that a fan could ever ask for!

While a medal would be a wonderful accomplishment for SCV - and a nice recognition of their rise back into the elite the last ~5 years - it's starting to feel like it may be out of their reach this year given the developing gap between the top 3 and everyone else. Sure, changes to the end could occur (I would think they're likely) but that goes for all corps.

Absolutely loving the production this year and they've proven to be a fan fave which is awesome. Just curious what others think regarding their placement potential now that we're down to the last 4 weeks. 4th/5th obviously the safe bet but anyone feeling there's a chance they land outside of that?

Loving the show this year! Lots of great moments, an interesting design that feels both modern yet vintage, and some great music, guard, and percussion. All that a fan could ever ask for!

While a medal would be a wonderful accomplishment for SCV - and a nice recognition of their rise back into the elite the last ~5 years - it's starting to feel like it may be out of their reach this year given the developing gap between the top 3 and everyone else. Sure, changes to the end could occur (I would think they're likely) but that goes for all corps.

Absolutely loving the production this year and they've proven to be a fan fave which is awesome. Just curious what others think regarding their placement potential now that we're down to the last 4 weeks. 4th/5th obviously the safe bet but anyone feeling there's a chance they land outside of that?

I'm looking at Atlanta. They have 4 days before Nashville and Atlanta, and I'd HIGHLY suspect they will probably add the real ending, clean, and make small adjustments and additions throughout. Right now 4th or 5th is the safe bet, but I think next week is vital if they want to be higher.

I still believe (hope) they have another minute to add to the show so that the announcer introduces the corps as they run into the tight circle at the start - so all the build up before becomes pre show. It feels like it was written for that moment.

Here's hoping.

I believe they could take 4th with some visual cleaning and added effects, especially with that tree. Cadets show seems flat to me, just my opinion. Don't think Cavs/Phantom/Bk can make the push for 4th either. Unless something crazy happens, I don't see BD, Coats or Crown dropping to 4th.

Either way this show is beautiful and they are definitely ahead of what I expected with the staff changes. One of my favorite programs this season.

Question for those in the know: I get the impression there is still plenty of visual to be added to the show and possibly more to the closer - or that there will be a additional music added to the end. Any thoughts?

I heard a rumor that there are color guard costume changes to add to the show. Don't know anything about music changes, but my guess is that there's going to be a different ending.

I heard a rumor that there are color guard costume changes to add to the show. Don't know anything about music changes, but my guess is that there's going to be a different ending.

Oh man, I would LOVE a spring skirt. The autumn skirts and silks are so beautiful, but the normal guard uniform only really works for the storm movement, and kinda for the winter movement. I think adding a bit more color in the spring would really help. I would also love to see more interaction with the tree. Unfortunately, it just kinda sits there. I appreciate it adds to the ambiance, but considering how well vanguard was able to integrate the tesla coils last year, I kinda expected a bit more purpose to the tree.