SCV 2016

Hmm let's see. Some of this stuff is probably painfully obvious but I figure, let's talk about it here!

Preshow: Best music to wake up and rise to. Spring is like an awakening, if you will.

First movement: During the buildup, the swirl may represent the Spring Wind, which carries the pollen to well... pollinate and bloom beautiful plants.

First movemnet: before the big hit, the formation looks like a rose and the corps collapses and runs. The opening hit represents a beautiful bloom of a flower. So much great tension here.

Anyone else want to take on the other seasons?

snowflakes everywhere for the winter segment of vivaldi

lots of allusions to xmas tunes leading up to that whole section

EXTRAORDINARY interaction between battery and brass throughout

I've made an improvement to the SW Championship show that I think we can all get behind. Wonder if SCV would post something like this to help it along?

Bonus points if you can get the year that was lifted from.

Edited by shofmon88
  • Like 5

Can we take a minute and acknowledge how insanely good the quad line is? Sweet Fancy Moses they are on fire.

• Like 5

Can we take a minute and acknowledge how insanely good the quad line is? Sweet Fancy Moses they are on fire.

Beginning of the closer where the pit is playing the really ethereal stuff under the tenors who are playing with the softer mallets is one of my favorite moments of their show.

• Like 2

Beginning of the closer where the pit is playing the really ethereal stuff under the tenors who are playing with the softer mallets is one of my favorite moments of their show.

This clip is amazing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Ml5_cD5_4

• Like 3

I've made an improvement to the SW Championship show that I think we can all get behind. Wonder if SCV would post something like this to help it along?

...Why do I keep watching this and comparing it to the impact in Phantom Regiment's 2003 closer?

• Like 1

Nicely done! Would be neat if they could share this (or something like it) to get more on board. My guess - 2004?! Probably the loudest vanguard yell of any year imo.

• Like 1

I was thinking 2005.