Blue Devils 2016

For BD to pull this one out, I think they need to do something with that Bieber peace in the middle of their show in the transition going in and out of it. I don't know if they can do anything with that at this stage of the game, but if they do it could be a huge change for them.

Agreed. For me, the Bieber song is the ONLY part of the show that I just can't get into. This coming from a guy who grew to really enjoy the K-Pop section last year.

• Like 2

I don't care for any of the usual suspects who feel the need to rush to defend their favorite corps every single time someone infers that they may not be the best. We have a football field full of judges, scouring through a half dozen rock star shows this year. At this point, the results speak for themselves.

Everything you said i completely agree with. I was just saying what's gonna happen if BD wins this year.

I don't care for any of the usual suspects who feel the need to rush to defend their favorite corps every single time someone infers that they may not be the best. We have a football field full of judges, scouring through a half dozen rock star shows this year. At this point, the results speak for themselves.

The only results that matter are about three weeks away. Everything else is just the runup.

NOTHING will be easy for BD this year. The top six will all be battling to improve. The drum line has work to do, and 2-3 weeks to do it. With the experience the line has, it is not a matter of chops, it is about the area between the ears. Jared is superb at pulling the snares together to think as one.

When I heard the carbon fiber drums live, it really sounded to me like the sound produced was shorter in duration than their previous drums. This will require even greater precision as there is less margin for error.

As for content, I'm confident Scott will make appropriate adjustments.

I expect some more back and forth in all sub-captions - maybe a nail biter to the end. The one thing I know: you have to be great to beat the Blue Devils.

I will always pull for my home team, but I congratulate those who are able to win.

• Like 6

NOTHING will be easy for BD this year. The top six will all be battling to improve. The drum line has work to do, and 2-3 weeks to do it. With the experience the line has, it is not a matter of chops, it is about the area between the ears. Jared is superb at pulling the snares together to think as one.

When I heard the carbon fiber drums live, it really sounded to me like the sound produced was shorter in duration than their previous drums. This will require even greater precision as there is less margin for error.

As for content, I'm confident Scott will make appropriate adjustments.

I expect some more back and forth in all sub-captions - maybe a nail biter to the end. The one thing I know: you have to be great to beat the Blue Devils.

I will always pull for my home team, but I congratulate those who are able to win.

Well said.

Blue Devils were in a similar spot last year with regards to the drum line. They were good, but were getting third and sometimes fourth consistently, when matched with all the top corps. The last two weeks they got it together and pushed up their percussion scores. They're going to need a similar effort if they want a chance at the gold this year. Content scores are there, just have to execute better.

Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 2

Maybe they could put a T-shirt inside the snares like with the metal drums. lol BD is long known for experimentation. (They invented the scoop y'know) rear view mirrors on the basses, soprano bells in the center of snares, plastic discs to drum on, heating ducts to extend bongos..the list goes on.

BD's horn soloist during the ballad needs some lovin'. One of my favorite solos of the year. (My bias is showing, though, because I'm a horn player myself.)

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 2

Also, for the first time since who knows when, I didn't notice any "shout chorus" this year, which is something BD has been doing for a LONG time.