Blue Devils 2016

Tarp....eh? Not sure about that.

The wave effect is cool, but only if it can end at the front sideline, which is unlikely as it would change tons of other stuff they do up there the rest of the show. The dragging it to the back is not working and messes up the next entrance.

My biggest disappointment is, in order to accommodate the group of horns that runs under the tarp to the front, now none of the horns wear their shakos during the opening "wave line" body movement. The white plumes looked fantastic doing that before and suggested the white crests of the wave. Much, much less effective without them.

They get credit for trying a cool effect, but I hope they ditch it and that the judges are telling them that too. The opening was absolutely fantastic the way it was. Pay attention to the end of the show instead.

They might very well have used to tarp just to see how it plays. If in the end it's not working, there's still time to mix it and adjust. Last thing you want is to bust that out finals week and realize during semis that it doesn't work.

• Like 1

the part where the boat capsizes (i think that's what happens?) with the final trombone gliss where the flags are backfield in a line. i feel like the last move where they all go downward with the flags should have blue/watery flags.

For BD to pull this one out, I think they need to do something with that Bieber peace in the middle of their show in the transition going in and out of it. I don't know if they can do anything with that at this stage of the game, but if they do it could be a huge change for them.

• Like 1

I feel the functional way they get rid of the tarp (-ve) outweighs the effect it gives when creating the wave (+ve). Right now I feel it's hurting them more than its giving them.

Just wait until finals night when the 1992 VK shark surfaces.

• Like 4

So many changes have been made and more to come. They will be there in the end. If they can clean their percussion they could easily win. They could also easily take 3rd. I love having it where you just do not know who will come out on top night to night. Finals will be interesting.

I'm not picking on you, but could it possibly somehow be in some third universe that blue Devils simply aren't the best this year? I know it's going to bring out the usual suspects, but I just think crown and bluecoats are better.

And dare I say it, perhaps hiding the full recaps is having the intended effect. We don't always know who is going to win every single night. For me, at least it seems like the best core that night is winning that night.

Until BD comes from behind and wins this season like year, which will then bring out the usual suspects, you know the ones who start threads saying we need to change the system again to stop BD cause the current one isn't working, and they will say we need to add a audience engagement caption cause they feel it will stop BD, which i never understood since BD is accused of playing to the sheets...........or how about the other suspects, who shortly after BD wins comes on DCP saying how they are done with the activity blah blah blah, only to pop back up the following June about how excited they are for the season lol.

• Like 2

So many changes have been made and more to come. They will be there in the end. If they can clean their percussion they could easily win. They could also easily take 3rd. I love having it where you just do not know who will come out on top night to night. Finals will be interesting.

I checked out a YouTube vid of the drumline warming up last night in San Antonio. I didn't notice any part changes from what I heard.

Book is still insanely difficult.

https://youtu.be/knqb7xR9XIk

Until BD comes from behind and wins this season like year, which will then bring out the usual suspects, you know the ones who start threads saying we need to change the system again to stop BD cause the current one isn't working, and they will say we need to add a audience engagement caption cause they feel it will stop BD, which i never understood since BD is accused of playing to the sheets...........or how about the other suspects, who shortly after BD wins comes on DCP saying how they are done with the activity blah blah blah, only to pop back up the following June about how excited they are for the season lol.

I don't care for any of the usual suspects who feel the need to rush to defend their favorite corps every single time someone infers that they may not be the best. We have a football field full of judges, scouring through a half dozen rock star shows this year. At this point, the results speak for themselves.