Blue Devils 2016

you mean tonight or you just don't like it?

Just don't like it personally. I get the intent, but it comes off as a mess in my opinion. Battery book during that part doesn't help.

Edited by mboogey73

Bieber. Meh. They swung and missed with that. Whole thing is a cluster.

Agreed. Unfortunately, it's not just the Bieber piece, it''s the stuff right before it and after. Transitionally and visually, it just doesn't bring what the top and bottom half of the show brings. I don't know what, if anything, they can do to fix it. Last year they got away with K-pop. Even those who didn't like it, could tolerate it. But in spite of last year's near miss with K-pop, they went back to the well once again. Why, who knows? Even the great BD, you think they would have learned from their experience last year and not to do it again. Yet they did.

That said, I am not down on BD's show. I actually really love it. The Cape Fear sound is incredible, the props are beautul and the ballad is beautiful. What we're seeing this year with BD is exactly what we see from many other corps. It's darn hard to be perfect! Welcome to the rest of the world!

Edited by drumcorpsfever

Tarp....eh? Not sure about that.

The wave effect is cool, but only if it can end at the front sideline, which is unlikely as it would change tons of other stuff they do up there the rest of the show. The dragging it to the back is not working and messes up the next entrance.

My biggest disappointment is, in order to accommodate the group of horns that runs under the tarp to the front, now none of the horns wear their shakos during the opening "wave line" body movement. The white plumes looked fantastic doing that before and suggested the white crests of the wave. Much, much less effective without them.

They get credit for trying a cool effect, but I hope they ditch it and that the judges are telling them that too. The opening was absolutely fantastic the way it was. Pay attention to the end of the show instead.

THAT's what's different. I couldn't figure out why that opening wave felt dull all of a sudden. You're right. The shakos.

Tarp....eh? Not sure about that.

My biggest disappointment is, in order to accommodate the group of horns that runs under the tarp to the front, now none of the horns wear their shakos during the opening "wave line" body movement. The white plumes looked fantastic doing that before and suggested the white crests of the wave. Much, much less effective without them.

Just have the Bluecoats do it.

What a season of drum corps! Bravo BD!

I owe you an apology. I always thought you had Crown goggles on and couldn't show love to any other corps. I was wrong. Much respect to you for giving props when deserved to other corps, especially BD. Don't see that often on this forum.

• Like 1