Blue Devils 2016

Love this.

Looking more and more like it's going to be all about who performs the best on finals night, just like last year.

Yes! We have three gold medal shows this year. This year you don't have to have the best show thru out the season, you just gotta be the best on finals night which is what we saw last year. It's gonna come down to execution. Who ever executes the best at finals is walking away with gold this year.

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 1

Love this.

Looking more and more like it's going to be all about who performs the best on finals night, just like last year.

Disagree; BD is going to have to out preform their show this year as they have the weakest design in the top 3. Odd position for them but there are a few big GE miss moments. Some I expect to be fixed as they are glaringly obvious others, doubtful as they are too ingrained in the show. Their staging dominance of the past is a liability plus there is a sense I’ve seen and heard this show from them before and with everyone else doing BD style shows this year, it’s seems stale and slow paced. Their design team phoned it in this year and now it’s up to the members to out preform their show

• Like 1

Disagree; BD is going to have to out preform their show this year as they have the weakest design in the top 3. Odd position for them but there are a few big GE miss moments. Some I expect to be fixed as they are glaringly obvious others, doubtful as they are too ingrained in the show. Their staging dominance of the past is a liability plus there is a sense I’ve seen and heard this show from them before and with everyone else doing BD style shows this year, it’s seems stale and slow paced. Their design team phoned it in this year and now it’s up to the members to out preform their show

I'm on board with this cowtown.. after seeing them all live, BD just didn't have it. They may be playing the hell out of it, but it does look stale. love ya BD, but your formula is starting to stagnate..

I'm on board with this cowtown.. after seeing them all live, BD just didn't have it. They may be playing the hell out of it, but it does look stale. love ya BD, but your formula is starting to stagnate..

Dang BD, this is how you know you are truly bad***, when your alleged formula stagnates into a silver or bronze lol.

• Like 1

Naw, disagree. There is a lot of nuance and detail in the design that you may be missing. Some areas need improvement, but it is a strong overall package. If any of the three is "stale," I would vote for Crown. The visual design is not as interesting as last year's show at all. They play well, spin well, and now drum well, but the pacing is questionable. A lot of stops and starts.

BD and BC have the two strongest designs, but they are so completely different that it really will come down to who nails it best at finals.

• Like 4

I think we gotta get away from the idea that GE is about the big moments. The fact that so much of the effect is ingrained into the show, and not just saved for big features, is a *good* thing. That's what makes GE powerhouses like 'Frameworks' so timeless. I admire Bluecoats' show, but they sort of have one idea that they keep hammering over and over - very entertainingly, so they're bound to do well. BD, Crown, Cadets, SCV are all doing something subtler and with more variety, though, and there's room on the sheets for that.