Carolina Crown 2016

Using "Open Class" in the same sentence as Bluecoats for any aspect of this show is laughable. Bluecoats is very intentionally approaching a DCI show from a different perspective, in every way possible. Their guard design is not the same as Crown, but it's every bit as challenging. In some cases moreso. While I prefer the full corps style of music, there isn't an open class corps in DCI history that could play this Bluecoats book without crapping out at the eight minute mark.

I am a pretty big Bluecoats supporter, but I won't take offense to this remark. I am going to give the benefit of the doubt and believe the lone ranger was using hyperbole. I highly doubt anyone here seriously believes anything about Bluecoats' design or performance is at an Open Class level. the lone ranger is obviously very enamored with Crown's show this year--and rightfully so, there is a lot to love--while he is not too thrilled with Bluecoats' production. That's fine. He is entitled to his opinion but hopefully, in the future he will focus more on his favorite corps positive attributes, without feeling compelled to put down other top level corps.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 2

I would have Crown over Bloo by a decent margin in guard . Judging is getting very odd. Very noticeable when your group gets the short end of the stick.

Looks like a recording block was set up today. Changes are on the way...

• Like 4

What is a recording block?

Several corps do standstill recordings of their show music and corps songs. They usually will have these for sale on the corps' website or sometimes release a few to social media.

Several corps do standstill recordings of their show music and corps songs. They usually will have these for sale on the corps' website or sometimes release a few to social media.

I'm pretty sure they record the changes so the guard can use them to practice too... common with any major rewrite or addition

• Like 1

you can hide better than that. come on, put some effort into it!!

Ladies lets not quarrel about who twirls the best. It's BD. I saw INDY finals recaps already before they were taken down. BD wins again.