2017 Boston Crusaders

5 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

LOVE the guard's uni. 

Why do today's corps unis have to be so tight?!?!

Same reason athletes wear compression sportswear. (Football, Track, Soccer, etc) Body movement. The activity is more athletic. It was bound to happen with how fast and athletic shows are, especially with body movement becoming a core part of shows these days. 

I understand what they're trying to do, but I feel like it doesn't represent Boston.  The color scheme doesn't feel right to me.  

*on a side note, I would have killed to have pants like that when I marched. It's no surprise that the marchers love them.

21 minutes ago, Western Burger said:

I understand what they're trying to do, but I feel like it doesn't represent Boston.  The color scheme doesn't feel right to me.  

*on a side note, I would have killed to have pants like that when I marched. It's no surprise that the marchers love them.

Agree. Something about the color scheme is difficult for me to accept. Too much gray, I think.  So, what happens to last years uniforms?  I thought those were brilliant. Is a local high school somewhere about to become "Boston Crusaders" at their first halftime performance?

48 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Agree. Something about the color scheme is difficult for me to accept. Too much gray, I think.  So, what happens to last years uniforms?  I thought those were brilliant. Is a local high school somewhere about to become "Boston Crusaders" at their first halftime performance?

Given that Boston Crusaders loves tradition, last year's uniforms may be used for parades, the encore at East Coast Classic, etc. 

1 hour ago, Fred Windish said:

So, what happens to last years uniforms?  I thought those were brilliant. Is a local high school somewhere about to become "Boston Crusaders" at their first halftime performance?

I doubt The Battalion is ready to buy another set of their uniforms.

58 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Given that Boston Crusaders loves tradition, last year's uniforms may be used for parades, the encore at East Coast Classic, etc. 

The old uniforms are being sold.

OK, my take on them.....not that it matters or should.........and I am not one that is opposed to costumes v uniforms, although it does start to bother me when I can't tell who is performing on the field without a program!

for me, it's the color palette combo that is the bother.  I do not care for the weathered/oxidized copper in the arms against the red of the legs.  It strikes me as visually clumsy and busy.  How vital to the story telling is the copper, truly?  Given the nod to BAC's past with the gray vest and shako (I loved what they did with RISE), if the arms carried through with the red and black from the bottom half of the outfit, I think you would have one that still identifies as BAC on first viewing.....updated and modified and fresh.....and yet more tailored to the show theme and meeting the newer demands that are required from today's marching members.

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

These Boston unis look worse and worse the more I look at them :/ they had probably my top 3 favorite unis in the past couple years 

It's been a long while since I've had cause to use this ...

Cappybara%2BYes.jpg

• Like 2