Cadets 2017

3 hours ago, corpsband said:

Not sure even Jeff would agree with that characterization.  

And the DCA corps Gino has worked with... I've never known him to "handcuff" any other part of the design/implementation team.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Yet your sarcasm about those who do not provide the information you seek makes it seem that you think you are entitled to that information, 

Oh brother... lol!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:sleeping:zzzzzz did I miss anything???zzzzz:lol::soapbox:zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:throwupen:zzzzzzzzzzzzz:cry:.

As Michael Boo so well reminds us, today is the 25th anniversary of the death of George Zingali who gave so much to the Cadets and the activity (in 27th Lancers, Star of Indiana, Emerald Marquis, Erte' etc.)  A complex personality whose genius took so many forms and affected so many, may he ever rest in peace.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211515549

Edited by xandandl

5 hours ago, BRASSO said:

. You should learn to accept this Gino Cipriani's alleged role in " handcuffing " the Cadets Visual Design as fact.. not subject to your doubt, nor criticism of it, Wallace. Besides, we learned here yesterday, that lots of DCP'er Cadets insiders know well what goes on with the Cadets, as when we asked them what happened to Earnhart, & Salas at the Cadets, they huddled and came up with.... "  umm..why don't people contact the Corps directly to know what goes on with the Cadets ?".  But as for past alleged " handcuffing " of the Visual Design by a highly respected departed Brass Caption Head at the Cadets ( Gino Cipriani )... well,... they seem to know a LOT about THAT today it would seem, and are willing to share this alleged " handcuffing " of the Visuals by former long time Cadets Brass Caption Head Gino Cipriani when he was with the Cadets with the DCP world. Like I said, I had never heard of this before with Gino Cipriani when he was with the Cadets. I had heard of another person as a " meddler " there on the Visuals ( dozens of times, & from dozens of different people too ), but never heard this about Gino all the years that he was there and did such great work there with the Cadets Brass lines while there. But no, you are not about to get any requested " proof " of these allegations of Gino " handcuffing " the Visual Designers in the past with the Cadets. You pretty much will have to take the Cadets insiders word on it.... as they seem to know a lot of what is going on behind the scenes with the Cadets these days and the last couple of seasons.

Lord.  I said Jeff had restrictions with design by the music guys especially Gino. I didn't say they got into bondage. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)..

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Lord.  I said Jeff had restrictions with design by the music guys especially Gino. I didn't say they got into bondage.

Well, I think your criticisms of Gino Cipriani as " handcuffing " the Visual Design program while he was at the Cadets was rather shocking enough, imo.  I don't recall this criticisms of Gino before, while he was at the Cadets. Brass Caption Heads of Corps... any Corps... typically don't get the criticisms when the Visual Design Programming comes up short. But if they do, and your assessment of Gino getting the blame for the Cadets sub par Visual Design the last 2 seasons is accurate ( I doubt that it is, but for the sake of discussion ) no wonder Gino Cipriani, and Colin McNutt ( Percussion ) decided to leave the Cadets after many years of instructional success there. Why should any Brass Caption Head (or any Percussion Caption Head ) get the blame for " restricting " the potential of the Visual Designer from putting out a better Visual Show Design in the Corps programming ? Heck, I'd leave too, If I was them, and getting criticized for things that was never their responsibility to begin with. I doubt that even Jeff Sacktig himself shares your assessment that Gino Cipriani " restricted " his work while he was at the Cadets. But in any event, Carolina Crown has reportedly a large number of returning marching veterans for this season we're being told, and as such, Jeff should be unburdened by these alleged " restrictions " put on him by Gino Cipriani anymore. So Jeff Sacktig has a golden opportunity to maintain ( or even exceed ) the Visual Design excellence once again that we all have come to expect from Carolina Crown, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Lord.  I said Jeff had restrictions with design by the music guys especially Gino. I didn't say they got into bondage. (Not that there's anything wrong with that)..

Still laughing -- not that there's anything wrong with that !

10 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Still laughing -- not that there's anything wrong with that !

black-steel-handcuffs.jpg

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

As Michael Boo so well reminds us, today is the 25th anniversary of the death of George Zingali who gave so much to the Cadets and the activity (in 27th Lancers, Star of Indiana, Emerald Marquis, Erte' etc.)  A complex personality whose genius took so many forms and affected so many, may he ever rest in peace.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=33500&ATCLID=211515549

Yes.. he left this earth not yet having completed his 42nd year too. 'Much too early. His drill creations showed us a rather large and fertile imagination of uncanny abilities. He had boundless energy, going 100 miles an hour almost all the time. He was ahead of his time with his creative genius in the Marching Arts Realm, imo. May he continue to rest in peace.

Edited by BRASSO