Carolina Crown 2017

32 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

None better.    

http://www.flomarching.com/video/1236071-carolina-crowns-hornline-drops-the-hammer-in-houston#.WXZ6cITyuos

That CrownBRASS is pretty good, too!   

Matt Harloff - The best!!!

Beat me to it.  Thx!!!

• Like 1

Does anyone know if Crown's supposed new ending is being taught this week for an unveil this weekend?

I think my favorite thing about this show after seeing it live three times is..........percussion?  Who woulda thought that!  Though to be fair I thought they did a great job in 2015 and 2016, they got some really unfair grief over the last few years.  Incredibly aggressive and in your face book and a TON of this show lies on their shoulders, especially the closer.  And they pull it off, most I've enjoyed percussion from them maybe ever?  Great job to them.  And I can't get enough of that bass 5 solo in the closer.  Love it.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I think my favorite thing about this show after seeing it live three times is..........percussion?  Who woulda thought that!  Though to be fair I thought they did a great job in 2015 and 2016, they got some really unfair grief over the last few years.  Incredibly aggressive and in your face book and a TON of this show lies on their shoulders, especially the closer.  And they pull it off, most I've enjoyed percussion from them maybe ever?  Great job to them.  And I can't get enough of that bass 5 solo in the closer.  Love it.  

Thank you for this post. I agree with you100%.  I've noticed a marked improvement in percussion since 2015.  Both 2015 and 2016 were very physical shows with difficult books and drill and they nailed it. I, too, think some of the criticism of percussion was unwarranted. I especially loved the theatrics and movement-- of the drumline in particular---during Inferno, which, so far, is one of my favorite shows of all time. Inferno never got old. 

• Like 1

For me 2009 is the benchmark for Crown's percussion... I think this might change this year.  I get to see them live twice over the next week so very excited about that.  

• Like 2