Carolina Crown 2018

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I think they’re just goofing.  Crown will be fine.  

Love Crown, I am just teasing about the T-Rex, although come on its not much of a stretch.

They are just usually not quite as literal about theme as they seem this year.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I think they’re just goofing.  Crown will be fine.  

Oh, I whole heartedly believe they will be fine. The hate was just cracking me up. The show is not at all as bad as it's being made out to be.

Edited by Incognito365

4 minutes ago, cadet93 said:

Love Crown, I am just teasing about the T-Rex, although come on its not much of a stretch.

They are just usually not quite as literal about theme as they seem this year.

2007, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2015, and 2016 beg to differ. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Oh, I whole heartedly believe they will be fine. The hate was just cracking me up. The show is not at all as bad as it's being madecritical out to be.

I don’t think they hate.  It’s just goodhearted jabs.  We’re all family.  We’re just goofing with a family member.  Peace.  

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Full no non-sense review of tonight’s preview show.

First off, great crowd! Probably the largest since we’ve been going Ron Nations Ford HS. 

Overall - the corps had a good run, but you can tell they were a bit off in certain places. As I’ve mentioned before this is the strongest drugs me this corps has ever had, and I do believe they’re pacing the corps right now. The color guard is much improved over last season and really coming along well. Some amazing work happening, especially towards the end of the show.  Visually the show is coming by together but it’s touch to get an understanding of what they’re going for because I haven’t been able to see things from a high vantage point. The brass and drums have a ton of body work this season and it ties into the theme of the show very nicely. The brass section is a top 3 line, but not a shoe-in for high brass this season. They have some work to do and you can tell they’re a young group in certain sections. Once The harloff’s get hold of them (he apparently been gone for a couple weeks teaching) I think you’ll see a big improvement. 

This show has an opportunity ncresible amount of potential, but they’ve got some serious work to do. The youth in the brass section is going to be the key hurdle this season.

One note: the ballad is really growing on me, especially when I noticed that they’re featuring all of the female brass members in a featured section up front for the entire piece. Once they clean that it will be amazing!

What kind :laughing:

Is "Beast of the East"already a copyrighted term and will Crown (1 DCI trophy) have to pay royalties to use it to the corps with 10 titles or the other Eastern corps wanting the title who has the money to pay for the rights?

3 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Is "Beast of the East"already a copyrighted term and will Crown (2 DCI trophies) have to pay royalties to use it to the corps with 10 titles or the other Eastern corps wanting the title who has the money to pay for the rights?

FTFY

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Oh, I whole heartedly believe they will be fine. The hate was just cracking me up. The show is not at all as bad as it's being made out to be.

I'm amused you think this is hate.  Crown will be great this year, that doesn't stop me from making jokes.  If only we had VK to "hate" on everyone as of old!

• Like 1