Blue Devils 2015 - "Ink"

The audio on this particular vid, to put it frankly, sucks. I've seen two other videos of this same run, with MUCH better audio. I wouldn't read too much into this video at all.

That's great to hear!

EDIT: Pun not intended...

Edited by Clutchtow

Honestly nothing earth shattering as far as new and different. Brass still seems to stop and play the more demanding passages. Guard looks amazing and performing extremely well already and it looked like it was windy as heck. I'm sure once I can see the visual, I'll be more pulled in.

• Like 1

If the guard is able to whip those flags around in that wind, I can only imagine how much better they'll be on a calm day.

This was a very interesting picture to me posted by BD Photographer Pedro Rodriguez.

11144466_10205770151706114_8124937130031

Seeing the vid, it is now revealed that this is the starting position for the opening set, but you figured that out too.

Oops. By the time I went to put the link (post 234), the vid was removed.

Edited by xandandl

Nice. Interesting. Sounds like most of the top 6 or so corps are going to have double and triple tonguing somewhere in their shows this year.

So....they're using a formula?

• Like 2

I too, having heard several audios from Spring Training 2015 of last season's finalists, was wondering if double and triple tonguing were added to the sheets as a requirement.

It seems a new contest among the top four horn lines as if to say "I can do anything better than you" YET not necessarily musical or adding to the flow of the piece.

When done standing still, multi-demands on the performer are few; crediting questions will continue to arise.

I prefer melody, lyricism, and depth charts rather than exercises, no matter who the corps or arranger is.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Honestly nothing earth shattering as far as new and different. Brass still seems to stop and play the more demanding passages. Guard looks amazing and performing extremely well already and it looked like it was windy as heck. I'm sure once I can see the visual, I'll be more pulled in.

there's probably body to come on those stops too