Violence in Phantom's show

Has anyone else noticed that the starter of this post hasn't chimed in since page 2? Classic troll tactic...get the DCP universe all hot & bothered, then disappear to let the masses rant and rave...

OH, and btw...it would be AWESOME GE to actually bludgeon someone every night :thumbup::tongue::smile:

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No real need for histrionics. Drum corps is a youth activity, and the themes they portray is a valid point for discussion.

Look at the last two themes for Cadets, Belief, and happiness. It's just a fact many people don't operate on a level where they ever look at those two aspects of their lives. Some might find those values uplifting, and worthy of expressing at a musical level on a drum corps field. But those who disagree feel its their right to ridicule those with higher values, higher standards. Fortunately, the reverse is not true.

The original poster brought up a legitimate point, and asked for feedback. Instead all he got was personal attacks and sarcasm. But that's OK , as there are adult responses and juvenile responses.

And juvenile responses are what they are.

I believe the original poster has the maturity to see that.

Some posts are so patently absurd that sarcastic derision is to be expected.

Oddly enough, I have spent a great deal of time investigating aspects of happiness, belief and philosophy. My bookshelves are full of books on Taoism, Zen, Buddhism, mythology, Joseph Campbell and a great deal of world history and comparative religion/mythology. And yes, I've even read one or two of those books. :thumbup: Those topics seldom come up on DCP but do not assume that is an indicator that all who post here are incapable of a philosophical thought.

I agree and noticed that early on...

As i posted in the reviews I don't think Phantom did enough to build up the actual throat cutting scene...With the Drum Major they need to have the corp part as he approaches them and when he cuts her throat, they need it done slower with a long power cord to really get our attention.

If they are going to cut someones throat they need to make it even more dramatic than it already is...

Just my opinion!

If I remember, correctly, the original cut of the movie Spartacus featured a bath scene with Lawrence Olivier and Tony Curtis with a lot of homosexual implications.

So, Phantom's show could be even more explicit.

one can only hope! ;)

lol

As i posted in the reviews I don't think Phantom did enough to build up the actual throat cutting scene...With the Drum Major they need to have the corp part as he approaches them and when he cuts her throat, they need it done slower with a long power cord to really get our attention.

If they are going to cut someones throat they need to make it even more dramatic than it already is...

Just my opinion!

How about a cameo by Johnny Depp?

I should also point out that not only does my daughter ask, but her brothers (one just turned 10 yesterday, the other will be 12 in September) ask to watch The Passion of The Christ every Easter. And we, as a family, sit down and watch it every Easter and will continue to do so until they stop asking.

... something about this weirds me out.

i can't really place my finger on it, though...

Just my opinion!

I agree. The first "killing," where they use to have the "LIVR or DIE" part, that is very good build up. The drum major slit job I noticed just as he is dropping her.

Hey folks, can we simmer down? Parenting is not black-and-white issue, just like everything else. My advice to anyone with kids who might be sensitive to this kind of thing (and honestly, my girl would be) is to either leave them home, or distract them by going to the souvie stands, etc. at that time.

There's no need to attack people for asking the question, even if you do find it absurd. At this point it's just a pile-on the OP which is just tactless. Labeling them a troll just because they didn't post after the second page is silly. Did you consider the possibility that this person had other plans, maybe firing up the BBQ pit and enjoying some time celebrating the holiday instead of obsessing over what we think on DCP?

(speaking of BBQ.....)

At Glendale, I think the most the crowd caught the pez-dispenser job right after it happened...and there were quite a few gasps. I thought it was intense and loved it. Now, if they didn't do the thumbs up/down in the beginning, this part would be from left field and I think everyone would have freaked. I agree with some when they say it could use more of a build-up into it...maybe like a bass drum "heart beat" thing...

There's no need to attack people for asking the question, even if you do find it absurd.

But I don't agree that the OP was innocently simply asking a question. It was a not-very-thinly veiled attack on PR, the way I read it. So, it got responses. I think the OP knew exactly what he was doing, and it didn't come off as an innocent question. IMO.