Violence and Phantom 2008

There have been numerous shows in the past that have depicted war, violence, death, anger, fights, etc. in such a way as to avoid the need to be so literal as to have actual murders enacted on the field (or on the conductor’s podium). People complain about narration being too literal and not being needed to get the point across if the design of the show is solid. I contend that the literal depiction of murders and beatings is not needed to get the point across of the atrocities in Sparta.

Didn't take long to get to the part about why can you criticize Cadets but what about Phantom, look what bad stuff they're doing, they should be criticized too.....

I can't believe the OP is being serious

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"On the field.....kids this show is NOT real......The Phantom Regiment!"

Edited by Piper

How about leaving young children at home instead of subjecting the rest of the public to their behavior when they are 4.5 years old?

What happened to the days of babysitters? Young children shouldn't be in sit down restaurants or at most public performances unless the entertainment is geared especially to them.

SNIP

Yes, please leave your children at home. The performances may be taking place at a football stadium but this is not a football game. And to some of you parents (and grandparents): No it is not okay to give your kid your keys to keep them entertained or stop them from screaming. The phrase is "More Cowbell" not "More Car Keys"!

While childbirth may be a miracle, it sure isn't rare. We don't need to see how accomplished your reproductive capacity is. Thank you for not breeding.

My 2 cents. Yeah, it's worth as much as anyone else's, though.

A depiction of violence, is NOT violence. It is never too early to teach children the difference.

Spartacus was NOT Spartan. I believe he was Thracian. His mommy named him Spartacus.

EVERYONE makes dumb comments. Some make them at souvie stands and are overheard, while others make them on internet sites where they intend to have them heard.

True tolerance is the tolerance of other's views, not just your own.

If anyone is genuinely offended by anything a corps performs or an adjunct staff member says, fine.

After all, we have not become a P.C. state...........yet. Using any excuse to build your corps up by feigning offense is the reason many turn away from DCP.

BTW

A lovely lady friend of mine made the violence complaint to me, though she was half-joking. I told her that Regiment's Spartacus is like the Bonanza TV show of the 60's-70's. Lots of complaints of killings every week, but no blood or gore and the Cartwrights always healed their wounds quickly.

Edited by David J

thank goodness I can use the parental block function on my TV to block out all those violent Coyote vs. Roadrunner cartoons...

14 deaths an episode...poor coyote...

So, is Hoss the one that buys it in the end?

Well said, David.

I love how some of the comments about violence lead directly to the Cadet's narration.

lol.

"The pursuit of happiness" is violence!

I love how some of the comments about violence lead directly to the Cadet's narration.

lol.

"The pursuit of happiness" is violence!

Some people agree with you

TheVentureBrothers-2x06-VictorEchoN.jpg

Hoss would make sense, since he had the biggest end.

Sorry if any big butt people were offended.