hazing/misconduct

20 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

she's our activity's Bob Woodward, i hope what she is doing will make things better in the long run. Things happen when you look under rocks, turning over the soil...but in the end that land gets to be health again. 

and she gets info from many knowledgeable people in the activity. but she'll fish for more info, and she will vet it. my one conversation with her was very detailed, and i gave her props for throughness

• Like 3

3 hours ago, skevinp said:

I would be very wary of the media.  Based on my experiences and observations, it would be naive to assume they have anyone's best interests at heart but their own.  

Yeah better to keep quiet about the abuse going on in certain corps. She might cast them in a bad light. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Yeah better to keep quiet about the abuse going on in certain corps. She might cast them in a bad light. 

You know that wasn't what I was saying.  Really disappointed as I have always respected you on here.

Edited by skevinp

Where I think Skev's going is that one should have a reasonable dose of skepticism if say, the media started asking questions to your organization about certain difficult subjects..., but also be honest and forthright, especially if or when there's no wrongdoing within your organization.

I hope I'm good on that. When I'm trying to be the reasonable person to try and stop an argument where I like both of the people involved...Repent, the end is nigh, something like that. :innocent:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, skevinp said:

You know that wasn't what I was saying and you should be ashamed of yourself for implying it.  Really disappointed as I have always respected you on here.  You are better than that.

That's the danger in posting, things are easily misinterpreted. To some extent describing the extremes because of vast knowledge or inside information in one's area of expertise backfires. Discussing dci related issues that HAVE or even MAY occur could come back in a destructive manner to hurt the entity later. For instance, my neighbor owns a data forensics company has big clients the likes of Cerner.

These large companies when alerted to a possible liability use his software to seek out related data using keyword searches and all kinds of magic. They wrap everything into a nice package. Internal/External Communications same for email communication recorded verbal communications, internal/external instant que messages. Then Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Industry Trade Show-Conferences, industry chat sites and forums like this. Each entity has a liability associated with it so they know what to expect if depositions or subpoenas occur in that area. Just a caution most issues are best worked out privately.

8 minutes ago, BigW said:

Where I think Skev's going is that one should have a reasonable dose of skepticism if say, the media started asking questions to your organization about certain difficult subjects..., but also be honest and forthright, especially if or when there's no wrongdoing within your organization.

I hope I'm good on that. When I'm trying to be the reasonable person to try and stop an argument where I like both of the people involved...Repent, the end is nigh, something like that. :innocent:

I hope my end isn't nigh, because I missed a life insurance payment and I'm still waiting for the check to clear.

I like both of the people involved too.  Heck, I like all three of us.

In no way was I saying anyone should keep quiet about abuse.  I would just be very careful who I trust to deliver the message.

• Thanks 1

I been enlightened pulled out of my safe space over this thread and the housing thread. To paraphrase dci (corps as well) being professional run organizations (then & now) and through no fault of their own. Went from a carefree and whimsical environment to facing issues that are becoming insurmountable in nature. I don't know if anything constructive comes from keeping this thread alive next week. There will be more folks coming here they may take dci more casual in nature.  We have the fall & winter for this. Close this thread now get it off the first page. Lets just enjoy the finals week!!!!

• Haha 1