What bugs you...

Guards doing nothing but dancing...would just a little symmetrical weapon or flag work kill ya?

Seriously, Please!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who are anxious for drum corps to become an anything goes, America's Got Talent, montage of any and every performance genre that can fit on a football field, placing no value on any definitive aspects of drum corps and the things that make it unique and wonderful.

Yep, that really bugs me...

for the win :thumbdown:

all grumbling about rules aside:

show concepts with music that doesnt tie in but it's forced upon us anyways

drum breaks that look like they were ripped off of a wgi dvd with all the body moves

########s in the stands....and ########s that get up and move around during shows

original music that sounds more boring than muzak

music we know arranged in a way thats more boring than muzak

visual gimmicks/stunts thrown in because it's cool, even if it has no tie to the show

Doctor Beat. it's like people can't go to the bathroom without it, especially when warming up near the stadium

Edited by jeffsnewjetta

It's not the fans...J Birney...she don't lie.

But isn't that what makes that show/stadium so much fun?

Louisiana any-sort-of-insanely-oversized-insect bothering me while I'm at attention.

Haha...you know, those mosquito-like-looking giant bugs don't bite or anything, right? But yeah, they are annoying and even though I know that, they still freak me out, still thinking they'll bite me and that I've been lied to...oh well...

Prognosticators that believe competitive inertia is a logical argument.

Symmetrical drill

Old school colorguards that did alot of drop spins and high mark times....like really...can we get a toss?

Splatty 1960's recordings of St. George of Bellevue Holy Park Royal Grenediers of Manchester Boys Club Drum and Bugle splat corps.

Mylar heads

Spirit not playing southern music

Cadets not playing 200bpm wind ensemble literature

Lack of shows in the south and west (except you California....you suck)

DVD's not being in HD

People that talk in the stands....STFU

Men that wear sandals and one strap bookbags.

People that name drop corps staffers and other people they met in a bar once maybe....and claim to be best buds with them.

Lot tramps that hang out next to the corps busses like groupies and then proceed to eat from their food truck at snack.

Corps members that wear their corps jackets on tour. ITS SUMMER...ITS HOT WTF

Corps members that wear their corps jackets at band competitions in the fall. We get it...you marched...Let me touch you.

Old fat guys that try to wear their corps jackets 10-20 years later...... No

(I guess it's safe to say you should never wear your corps jacket ever)

well, since I"m not supposed to talk about mic's or narration...

Cavaliers...those things are called horns...feel free to blow them harder...and stop doing the the peanut roll on the field...it's just wrong.

Blue Knights..Don't dress your guard in white spandex, at least early in the season. They looked a lot better in August then they did in June.

10,000 notes followed by a chord stinger is NOT music....quit it.

Corps that cater to the judges and not the fans, which is pretty much all of them.

Original music, for the most part, has pretty much sucked lately.

drum corps is not marching band...let's keep it that way.

Guards doing nothing but dancing...would just a little symmetrical weapon or flag work kill ya?

something here made me laugh...

what bugs me is headaches and poor lighting when im using my laptop. strains me eyes

Playing in time is not a crime.

Actually, since Jeff said....

Doctor Beat. it's like people can't go to the bathroom without it, especially when warming up near the stadium

Maybe your reply should be this...

Peeing in time is not a crime.

:angry: