What's wrong with DCA?

so since this thread keeps being bantered and rehashed, and just "here we go round the mulberry bush" circle...I am feeling a little antsy... so I will tell you whats wrong with DCA.. you ready??

here we go folks

THEY NEED A CORPS LIKE HEAT WAVE FROM THE MID-LATE 90's to 2003 ... Cheeseburger, Volcano, Jackie Gleason, The Hawaiin drag queen, Don't let the Sun go down, Sharks, Beach balls. large conductors baton, spatulas, I Dream of Jeanne..BBQ grills, bed pans....etc.etc.

DCA needs a FUN corps.... which I am sure.. the Govies will carry on nicely.. but still H E A T W A V E - SHARK ATTACK ! FUN FUN FUN FUN !!!

so there! Continue what your doing DCA.. so far its working :)

You forgot Time Warp!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so since this thread keeps being bantered and rehashed, and just "here we go round the mulberry bush" circle...I am feeling a little antsy... so I will tell you whats wrong with DCA.. you ready??

here we go folks

THEY NEED A CORPS LIKE HEAT WAVE FROM THE MID-LATE 90's to 2003 ... Cheeseburger, Volcano, Jackie Gleason, The Hawaiin drag queen, Don't let the Sun go down, Sharks, Beach balls. large conductors baton, spatulas, I Dream of Jeanne..BBQ grills, bed pans....etc.etc.

DCA needs a FUN corps.... which I am sure.. the Govies will carry on nicely.. but still H E A T W A V E - SHARK ATTACK ! FUN FUN FUN FUN !!!

so there! Continue what your doing DCA.. so far its working :)

we need a dm that doesnt wear black socks with white shoes this time :lol:

we need a dm that doesnt wear black socks with white shoes this time :worthy:

Jealous you don't have the legs for the shorts ! :lol:

Jealous you don't have the legs for the shorts ! :lol:

i do. i choose to not look like you or Fran

I see this post continues...WOW!!!

I don't think DCA is bad. I think they have been smart in their decision making. It's US, the armchair directors, who think we can do a better job. I see continued growth in DCA and it isn't about having a "fun" corps, look at DCI...Bridgemen and VK left and it didn't kill drum corps. Did we miss them? YES! No other corps took up the banner and DCI survived. DCA is dying they are alive and well. Even the growth in alumni corps is great!

Let's focus for a moment on fans going to their first show because somebody asked them to go or suggested they go........if its general admission for 20 bucks, I'm probably not showing up an hour early to sit around so I can get a good seat. Do I even realize before hand that if I sit outside the 35 yard lines I get a completely different experience than I do inside the 35s ? If its not GA, am I going to buy tickets far enough in advance to make sure I get "good seats" or am I going to pay the "extra" reserved seating pricing to get the good seats for something I don't even know if I like ? The problem I see with getting casual fans is that, for my money, you need to get good seats to get the full effect. If I am a first time fan and I don't have a lot of information prior to the show and I get dumped on the 20, or in the case of GA, show up late and have to sit on the 20, I'm probably not very impressed and won't go back. Unfortunately, you can't charge people 10 bucks for 50 yard line reserve seating either. That might dissuade people from giving it a shot on a Saturday night as well. I tried to say a lot and probably didn't get my point across, but hopefully I did.

I went to see Paul McCartney in Atlanta this weekend. GA tickets were 90 a piece. Beers were 7 bucks. It was totally worth it, but it doesn't really matter where you sit in a park. Unlike the Fenway show (by the sounds of it), there were huge screens for everybody to see what was going on on stage. My point is that with limited seating available for prime viewing, drum corps is an activity in an interesting predicament when it comes to impressing first time fans.

40 Dollars a ticket, I don't know where in the world that show must have been, but the DCI shows in my area ranged from 15-20 bucks and had more then 5 corps.

Tim

i do. i choose to not look like you or Fran

Jeff Ream is what's wrong with DCA.

Moderators, please close this thread now. :throwupen:

Fran