Top 12...Is It Already Set?

I am not asking you to agree with me. I am simply stating what was more than obvious. I do respect all the kids marching, but I also state things exactly the way I see them. I wanted to see Troopers back in finals like everyone else. I thought it would have been a good thing. However, I think it needs to be earned, not happening just because everyone wants it to be that way. And unfortunately, Colts, Academy and Madison Scouts should have been several points ahead of Troopers. Spirit, Troopers, and Crossmen should have been very close in scores, with Spirit just edging out Troopers. Spirit had a little weaker show, but performed at a better level than Troopers. Spirit should have taken them in Music GE, Brass, Visual GE, Percussion, and Colorguard.

Unfortunately corps politics and storylines are the new way of judging. The last few years have been the worst. Troopers were the feel good story of 2009. Unfortunately at the expense of 4 corps that were much better than them.

What you call " obvious ", is really only your " opinion ".

I never knew anyone to be able to be such an expert on guard, drums, brass, show design as you. Usually, someone that is an expert on say Guard is usually not an expert on Drums. But it was " obvious " to you that Troopers should have been ( as you said ) " 17th place Corps " last year. This means that the 13 times out of 13 head to head competitions that the Troopers beat the Madison Scouts last year, and 5 out of 5 times they beat the Crossmen... all with different configuration judging panels comprised of judges with an expertise in that caption..... were all fixed.

Look Man, I hear you that you think that all the DCI judges got togther at a Holiday Inn or some place to screw over the Colts out of 13th place last year, and fell in love with the Troopers for some unexplained reason ( can't be for higher fan attendance ) last year, but your sour grapes are getting more bitter as you try to explain away your position that The Troopers were not a top 16 Corps last year. Give it up man. Your comments make you appear like a Colts dolt, or something.

Edited by BRASSO

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If two corps competed against each other 30 times during the season.....and corps A beat corps B 29 times.....if corps B performed better than corps A on semi-finals night........corps B should place higher.

There was a corps one year that finished 1st place one time all season......they finished first at DCA Finals....which made them DCA Champions that year....

And it does happen. Phantom Regiment beat the Blue Devils only once 2 years ago in 2008.

And we all remember which was the one time they did it that year too.

As for the Blue Devils,... apparently they remember as well.

Nobody's beat the Blue Devils since.

Edited by BRASSO

Last year, Colts were without a doubt the 12th place corps. Not even a question. Troopers were basically on the level of Spirit and Crossmen, with Madison and Academy much better than Troopers. But the whole storyline got them the 12th place gift. I mean seriously, just try watching the Troopers colorguard. Definitely the worst of any corps on the field last year. No difficutly, and they couldn't even keep a simple spin in time together. Also they definitely had the easiest brass book of any of the top 17 corps. It was well performed, but not really better than anyone else in semis. I think 15th probably should have gone to Spirit, 16th to Troopers and 17th to Crossmen. Had the Crossmen been a little cleaner, Troopers should have had the 17th place spot, and Crossmen 16th.

As far as Glassmen/Madison this year, I would definitely give the edge to Madison. Yes there are almost 6 weeks left in the season, but I think Madison has been picking up steam. There are a few weaknesses still in Scouts show, but there are some also in Glassmen. I think Madison has more to max out still though overall. And I just feel a complete attitude change from the corps this year. And I think the Madison arrangements are just spectacular this year. I never like Gershwin on the field, and yet the arrangements are just fantastic this year. It really brings out the talent in this corps. I also think this will put them above Blue Knighs for 10th place, and possibly even put them with Phantom and Boston for the 8-10 spots. I just don't see the Glassmen show competing on that kind of level. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I'll be the first to admit if they do.

MisterA the A must stand for HMMMM

Edited by rwmoore001

I love it! One guy can tell from his seat in the stands while sipping a coke which corps has more heart, another guy lets the bottom six have it with a zinger, and at least one guy can judge all of the captions by himself. Let's not forget the guy who listens to the CDs and watchs DVDs all winter and monday morning quarterbacks the finals line up. Still very entertaining, hopefully at least one of you can dig up this thread at 1am following finals and bump the thread with the ole "see...I called it back in July" line. I'm not being sarcastic....I do love it!

I love it! One guy can tell from his seat in the stands while sipping a coke which corps has more heart, another guy lets the bottom six have it with a zinger, and at least one guy can judge all of the captions by himself. Let's not forget the guy who listens to the CDs and watchs DVDs all winter and monday morning quarterbacks the finals line up. Still very entertaining, hopefully at least one of you can dig up this thread at 1am following finals and bump the thread with the ole "see...I called it back in July" line. I'm not being sarcastic....I do love it!

Even if someone does dig this thread up after finals for the ole "see...I called it" or whatever MisterA MisterA will still be a horses rear-end!

Is Tim still teaching the guard?

Yes 2nd year now and is doing fantastic... When I heard he was joining staff before last year I was elated beyond words.I had a 3 year guard member that aged out with Glassmen under his leadership and I saw the Glassmen Guard as one of the best under him. My student also said as much and that they loved him, and she was the first one to say that she'd always cheer for Gmen, but she now has to cheer for BK too!! :tongue:

Wes P

BK '97 '98

Colts were robbed last year by what should have been a 17th place Troopers.

sheesh.

sheesh.

That's OK Granny. We who love the Troopers know the truth!

And by the way, I think he's missing a few letters in his name. :worthy:

But I keed!! :tongue: