Top 12...Is It Already Set?

I agree w/ your assessment. Having seen no shows, I just have the feeling the Colts sneak in this year, and there is no way Madison Scouts get left out if they're close.

What about the Blue Knights? Last year they had a pretty dirty show, but alot of demand-- when they match up w/ the eastern corps this year, they could be left out at the end.

I'll keep saying it, anything is possible, but for BK missing finals is highly unlikely!!! They have a hornline that I bet will end up in the top 8-9 in the rankings, a guard that is potentially a top 6 unit- very clean and good, and a percussion unit that's at least a top 10 unit. With that said the show works well this year and there is an equal amount of demand on every section both musically and visually. BK will likely be competing for places 7-10 this summer. Like i said I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, but this is a VERY SPECIAL corps the Blue Knighs have on the field this summer. They're not scoring at almost an 80 because of a fluke. They hae also faced 7 person panels twice this year and in both cases their scores jumped and didn't dwindle. They're rising very fast and while yes scores will even out with competitive groupings when they all get together, don't be surprised if BK is competing for a higher tier than fighting for their lives to stay in finals. They've got a special show and this well might be the best corps BK has ever had-- I'll just say it! Does that translate to placing? no, does it translate into showing up on the scoring sheet? maybe not, but I bet that BK will be a huge force to be recokend with. Our corps has always played the dark horse/underdog and done it well. I think it's the role we're made for. It's always cool to beat the higher corps and then you hear people say "We got beat by the Blue Who From Where?" That's BK :tongue::thumbup: GO Blue Knights- Get Classical Baby :ph34r:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not asking you to agree with me. I am simply stating what was more than obvious. I do respect all the kids marching, but I also state things exactly the way I see them. I wanted to see Troopers back in finals like everyone else. I thought it would have been a good thing. However, I think it needs to be earned, not happening just because everyone wants it to be that way. And unfortunately, Colts, Academy and Madison Scouts should have been several points ahead of Troopers. Spirit, Troopers, and Crossmen should have been very close in scores, with Spirit just edging out Troopers. Spirit had a little weaker show, but performed at a better level than Troopers. Spirit should have taken them in Music GE, Brass, Visual GE, Percussion, and Colorguard.

Unfortunately corps politics and storylines are the new way of judging. The last few years have been the worst. Troopers were the feel good story of 2009. Unfortunately at the expense of 4 corps that were much better than them.

No, you are stating an opinion, which is not obvious and clearly disagreed with by a good number of people.

I think the problem some people are having with this thread...is:

They are pulling for/beefing up their "favorite" corps, rather than giving an honest amount of respect for a corps who is actually better than their favorite. I understand, everyone likes to pull for their favorite, but if your favorite corps is Troopers and you're trying to compare them to Blue Knights...well then be realistic about it. Sure, anything could happen. But based on the history, and just common knowledge of how things normally go, I don't see how someone could say that Troopers would beat BK with no problem. That's just an example...but that's what I take it from people who are posting about Scouts/Crossmen/BK/Troopers/Colts...etc.

I'll keep saying it, anything is possible, but for BK missing finals is highly unlikely!!! They have a hornline that I bet will end up in the top 8-9 in the rankings, a guard that is potentially a top 6 unit- very clean and good, and a percussion unit that's at least a top 10 unit. With that said the show works well this year and there is an equal amount of demand on every section both musically and visually. BK will likely be competing for places 7-10 this summer. Like i said I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, but this is a VERY SPECIAL corps the Blue Knighs have on the field this summer. They're not scoring at almost an 80 because of a fluke. They hae also faced 7 person panels twice this year and in both cases their scores jumped and didn't dwindle. They're rising very fast and while yes scores will even out with competitive groupings when they all get together, don't be surprised if BK is competing for a higher tier than fighting for their lives to stay in finals. They've got a special show and this well might be the best corps BK has ever had-- I'll just say it! Does that translate to placing? no, does it translate into showing up on the scoring sheet? maybe not, but I bet that BK will be a huge force to be recokend with. Our corps has always played the dark horse/underdog and done it well. I think it's the role we're made for. It's always cool to beat the higher corps and then you hear people say "We got beat by the Blue Who From Where?" That's BK :tongue::thumbup: GO Blue Knights- Get Classical Baby :ph34r:

Wes Perkins

BK '97 '98

Is Tim still teaching the guard?

I think the problem some people are having with this thread...is:

They are pulling for/beefing up their "favorite" corps, rather than giving an honest amount of respect for a corps who is actually better than their favorite. I understand, everyone likes to pull for their favorite, but if your favorite corps is Troopers and you're trying to compare them to Blue Knights...well then be realistic about it. Sure, anything could happen. But based on the history, and just common knowledge of how things normally go, I don't see how someone could say that Troopers would beat BK with no problem. That's just an example...but that's what I take it from people who are posting about Scouts/Crossmen/BK/Troopers/Colts...etc.

This.

As a Trooper alum I'm obviously wanting them to do well, but I'm also very realistic about the current spread between BK and Troop. It's daunting, and all I can say is good job BK! I'm very happy for them for doing so well! If Troop has any hope of getting closer to them (or eeking by them) they'll have to work their tails off to clean the show, and even then it may be a gap too big to close. However, since we haven't gone head to head with the other corps in the tier, we have NO CLUE how BK and Troop's shows truly stack up with Glassmen, Academy, Spirit, Crossmen, Madison, Colts, etc.

Until we get a series of head-to-heads, we don't really know how the judges are going to evaluate these shows in the fuller competitive context. 2009 is over. We're in a whole new ball game this year, and it's just as exciting as 2010! (maybe even more so because everyone seems to have a lot more fires lit under them!)

This.

...However, since we haven't gone head to head with the other corps in the tier, we have NO CLUE how BK and Troop's shows truly stack up with Glassmen, Academy, Spirit, Crossmen, Madison, Colts, etc.

Until we get a series of head-to-heads, we don't really know how the judges are going to evaluate these shows in the fuller competitive context. 2009 is over. We're in a whole new ball game this year, and it's just as exciting as 2010! (maybe even more so because everyone seems to have a lot more fires lit under them!)

This +

Wow this much argument prior to head to head is interesting. I applaud everyone's passion and wish others were as passionate.

I just keep waiting for SCV to pull out the bottle dance again at finals (and have it synched side 1 to side 2). Those were the days, huh? :tongue:

This.

As a Trooper alum I'm obviously wanting them to do well, but I'm also very realistic about the current spread between BK and Troop. It's daunting, and all I can say is good job BK! I'm very happy for them for doing so well! If Troop has any hope of getting closer to them (or eeking by them) they'll have to work their tails off to clean the show, and even then it may be a gap too big to close. However, since we haven't gone head to head with the other corps in the tier, we have NO CLUE how BK and Troop's shows truly stack up with Glassmen, Academy, Spirit, Crossmen, Madison, Colts, etc.

I think that you are right about Troopers for this year. I think that they have the ability to continue to clean up their show and if their show design and difficulty is better than last year they have a solid chance to make finals. I do not think that they have the ability to pass BK, but, they have a solid chance to pass up Glassmen if they can polish their show to a high gloss!

I have been reading about how Troopers should have been at 17th place in 2009 and I believe that we have a serious case of "sour grapes" from many Colts fans. I marched in Troopers shocking 1979 finals appearance and know how the people "outside=looking-in" cannot believe that their favorite corps lost. These people are listening with their hearts and not their ears! There is no doubt that Troopers deserved their finals berth last year and had also beaten the Colts, Academy, Madison, Crossmen and Spirit in many shows before finals, not just one or two! These people who say that Troopers did not deserve their spot had been thinking of the Troopers of 2000-2003 and not the corps of 2009! This year is far from over and almost anything can happen, including Troopers making finals or just squeeking into semis. I hope that we will be looking at a repeat of last year, but, it is up to the individual corps members and not to "squealing" morons complaining that there was a conspiracy against their corps!! :tongue:

Troopers beat the Colts at various times all season long. Are you saying that judges at lots of shows were dishonest in how they placed those corps?

If two corps competed against each other 30 times during the season.....and corps A beat corps B 29 times.....if corps B performed better than corps A on semi-finals night........corps B should place higher.

There was a corps one year that finished 1st place one time all season......they finished first at DCA Finals....which made them DCA Champions that year....

I agree w/ your assessment. Having seen no shows, I just have the feeling the Colts sneak in this year, and there is no way Madison Scouts get left out if they're close.

What about the Blue Knights? Last year they had a pretty dirty show, but alot of demand-- when they match up w/ the eastern corps this year, they could be left out at the end.

AND.....we just lost all credibility!!!