Can Bluecoats Win?

Can Bluecoats win it?  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Can the Bluecoats pull it out at finals and win?

• Yes
    • No
    • Are you on crack

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way in the world Bluecoats have even a remote chance of winning, they have a very nice drum corps but nothing they are doing is innovative. Blue Devils are too good this year, believe it or not the mirrors are innovative and the music they are playing and how they play it is innovative. Crown and Cadets could maybe pop up but I doubt it. Cavaliers are the only corps that could have a shot. The crowd has loved them all season long, plus the rifle stuff and the way they use the electronics this year is really pushing the envelope.

There is no way in the world Bluecoats have even a remote chance of winning, they have a very nice drum corps but nothing they are doing is innovative. Blue Devils are too good this year, believe it or not the mirrors are innovative and the music they are playing and how they play it is innovative. Crown and Cadets could maybe pop up but I doubt it. Cavaliers are the only corps that could have a shot. The crowd has loved them all season long, plus the rifle stuff and the way they use the electronics this year is really pushing the envelope.

You essentially said "non-innovative shows can't win" and "crown/cadets could win" in the same post.

I lol'd.

Blue Devils will close this out next week. Bluecoats will probably pop a great score tonight and everyone will go nuts. People want to try to compare this season to 1995 or 2008 in the hopes that the Blue Devils will get knocked off. However, the Bluecoats show this year, while clearly well-executed and fan friendly, does not have the characterization that Phantom Regiment had in 2008 or the superior visual design and performance that The Cavaliers had in 1995.

The Blue Devils are pushing the level of demand way up with their show. It would be one thing to push the demand but fall short in performance. It's another thing to be hitting the mark on all facets of the show. I hope everyone has enjoyed this season thoroughly and it's a #### shame that it will be ending in a week!

This thread is not much about the coats but the devils.

Not saying it WILL happen ... just some historical perspective, which could actually HURT the Bluecoats as the Blue Devils will be hyped to make sure it DOESN'T happen again ...

... two weeks before Finals, BD beat Phantom by 2.6 and 3.15

... one week before Finals, BD beat Phantom by 1.275, 1.15 and 1.6

... it then went BD by .8, BD by .375 and PR by .025, as we all know.

If Bluecoats are within .75 in Quarterfinals, they at least have a shot.

It could happen. Depends a lot on the panels for championship week. There certainly are panels that might put them over BD in several of the music captions. The question is whether they can keep it close enough in visual to have a realistic chance.

I'd give them a probability of around 20% to pull off the upset.