The World Series of Drum Corps

lol...I know this I have been saying that,....Other posters said Corps could not use their names if they left DCI.....Im agreeing ...Corps own their own names:rolleyes:

DCI does have no right to any corps names..however DCI does get a fee should these corps leave the DCI organization and continue to exist outside the self created DCI umbrella.

G

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DCI does have no right to any corps names..however DCI does get a fee should these corps leave the DCI organization and continue to exist outside the self created DCI umbrella.

G

I wouldn't get to bogged down in " name " retention.

The real legal battle, imo, will be whether or not a group of Corps can collectively negotiate for themselves

with show sponsors apart from the established policies and procedures of DCI which the Corps previously agreed to as participatory members of Drum Corps International.

Write to these people and tell them what you think about their decision to invest in an organization and director that supports such a move. Hit 'em where it hurts.

http://www.yea.org/site/PageServer?pagename=thank_you_donors

http://bluedevils.org/about/friends/index.php?year=2010

I see that Hopkins himself is a donor of at least $3K to YEA. (Not that it is unusual for directors of non-profits to donate to their own organizations.)

Well, in fairness, nobody really likes meetings . . . especially in the thick of a competitive event. But you're right, it's bad form to post that publicly.

That didn't stop the G7 from meeting to further develop their plan...in the middle of the last week of competition.

A better question is: Why didn't George resign from DCI BOD if the pain of attending meetings was so harsh? What was his motivation?

A: Money.

A better question is: Why didn't George resign from DCI BOD if the pain of attending meetings was so harsh? What was his motivation?

A: Money.

I don't really like my job, but I get up every morning and go to work anyway. What is my motivation? Money. I do the things that I have to do so that I am then able to do the things I want to do. In that regard, George Hopkins is just like anyone else.

DCI already has a show scheduled for Murfreesboro on July 29th.

That is REAL bad if that's true...MAJOR!

Significantly, it drops the "coup" language and is clearly a plan for when the G7 split from DCI.

"World Series...". They're bound and determined to make DC a sport. Hello Curt? Curt Gowdy, can you hear me?

I'm not sure if they can use the term "World Series"...implies baseball and probably would get sued by that league...lol

I have not read this thing yet..so this is MY UNINFORMED opinion right now.

That is REAL bad if that's true...MAJOR!

Only the top eight corps compete at Murfreesboro as it is. I think the proposal likely included Murfreesboro because it's already a de facto World Series corps event.