2011 Phantom Regiment Guard

I can't believe that most people commenting on the competitiveness of an all female color guard have never been in a guard or taught one.

• Like 1

I can't believe that most people commenting on the competitiveness of an all female color guard have never been in a guard or taught one.

Hmm...didnt realize that everyone has a resume posted.

I do have to agree that seeing an all female guard in the top 12 will be unique since it's not as common anymore.

Hmm...didnt realize that everyone has a resume posted.

I do have to agree that seeing an all female guard in the top 12 will be unique since it's not as common anymore.

It's kinda easy to tell by reading some of the comments

• Like 1

Why is this okay when a few months ago we were beating someone over the head for looking for a black good looking male guard instructor. Isn't this the same thing. Saying I want only women is like saying I want only Mexicans.

And please don't say its tradition. Tradition kept alot of people down for too many years. I'm waiting ( not looking forward to it) for that one young lady that sues the Cavaliers or Madison over keeping her out. Legally the Boy Scouts can't keep out girls just like the Girl Scouts can't keep out boys.

Oh, c'mon...there is something to be said for tradition. Do you think we'll ever see a male Rockette? Just sayin...

In a forum you can be an expert on any subject you like.

Today I'm a guard caption head called Claude with 2 DCI titles, 4 Winter Guard titles & a 3rd place in my schools Highland Dancing competition behind me.

My years of experience & expertise tell me that you're all wrong and I'm right.

That's usually how it works. :tongue:

Today I'm a guard caption head called Claude with 2 DCI titles, 4 Winter Guard titles & a 3rd place in my schools Highland Dancing competition behind me.

Sometime when I'm home alone I like to lay down in the middle of my floor, pretend that I am a vegetable and wait until someone comes home to visit me in my garden. Today I was broccoli...

:tongue:

..and stayed in a Holiday Inn Express! :tongue:

Sometime when I'm home alone I like to lay down in the middle of my floor, pretend that I am a vegetable and wait until someone comes home to visit me in my garden. Today I was broccoli...

That's one of the funniest things posted here lately....

The guys in the Phantom Regiment Guard can't come back.

This is no different than Corps that won't allow a talented female Guard member to march in the Cavaliers or Madison Scouts Guard..... or Corps that routinely cut returning veterans all the time, and won't let them march..... or staff members cut..... or G-7 Corps cutting off other Corps.... and on and on.

I have some sympathy for the male Guard members that wont be allowed to march Phantom this year, but good grief, lets get real here, you'd think that loyalty was something that is valued in DCI Drum Corps when nothing could be further from the truth. Marchers change Corps all the time. My suggestion is for the male Guard members from last year's Phantom Regiment to just suck it up, move on, and find another Corps. Who knows, they might bump a returning vet from that Corps if they're talented enough. Their plight is no big deal, imo.... given the realities of modern DCI Corps participation regarding the movement between Corps as well as the usual and customary cutting of potential marchers and staff from year to year in the off season.

I already know that the guys in the Phantom Regiment guard can't come back (as of this upcoming season) ok I see your point but bringing in The Cavaliers or Madison Scouts into this discussion doesn't really make much sense since they are following tradition. I am not 100% certain on Regiments history but either way they had a male and female guard. And they performed to the highest level. And yeah they more than likely will go to another corps but will it fit them exactly? Maybe not, heck I could be wrong they could find another home.