2011 Phantom Regiment Guard

And the 1989 SCV All Female Guard were not "slutty " either to make it all work, and help bring home a DCI Title for them that year.

And by the way, we've had all Male Guards that have given off an aura in their show of being trashy scum before.... and yet it didn't seem to hurt them in their score.

As was said above, it's got nothing to do with gender... it's about talent.

And males and female returning vets alike have been cut from captions in just about every Corps in World Class DCI, for years, and vets jump from Corps to Corps like nobody's business..... and Corps (G-7 ) jilt other Corps like nobody's business now too. There is very little loyalty in DCI Drum Corps, so that's a non starter as a sympathetic argument anymore it seems to me. If loyalty is so important to a marcher, then buy a dog, as it's not something you can count on in DCI.

And who was that? Which corps and what year?

2010 Crossmen had an all male rifleline (13). I wonder if they'll do that again in 2011 and why they did it in the first place.

i wonder how many people who are happy with the all female guard would be equally happy if phantom announced that based on the design for the 2011 show, they will only allow males in the horn line...

I really wouldn't care. the only two corps i would care if they changed how they select members is Madison and Cavies

I would like you to please point out to me where you are given the right to join a private organization.
well it seems to work when the Masters is involved

2005 - "Rhapsody"

Aside from the male solo performer (who didn't touch any traditional guard equipment), that all female guard was quite phenomenal.

2006 - "Faust"

The 6 male "demons" added a great effect to the show, BUT look at the big guard feature moments of the show (flag features in the opener, Ave Maria, and end of the show...the majority of the closer offered an excellent all female sabre line)...they were all female and executed quite brilliantly.

I've always love the PRCG. I preferred the all female guard and am REALLY excited to see it return. There is something elegant, graceful, and beautiful about an all female guard. For me, that always distinguished Phantom from everyone else.

Edited by ScoutSpinner03

Bad move for Phantom, IMO.

This is a corps that is barely hanging onto the top 8 right now. The only thing keeping them there last year was the percussion (which is now in transition).

They've effectively just cut their talent pool in half.

I guess it's good news for the Scouts and the Cavies.

Bad move for Phantom, IMO.

This is a corps that is barely hanging onto the top 8 right now. The only thing keeping them there last year was the percussion (which is now in transition).

They've effectively just cut their talent pool in half.

I guess it's good news for the Scouts and the Cavies.

Your " logic " here escapes me. If the Scouts and Cavs " effectively cut their talent pool available in half " ( by excluding females in the Guard each year ) then how has it adversely effected them in the past ?

Edited by BRASSO

Your " logic " here escapes me. If the Scouts and Cavs " effectively cut their talent pool available in half " ( by excluding females in the Guard each year ) then how has it adversely effected them in the past ?

i guess the tiny difference i see is that the scouts are on the rise and the cavies are consistently a top 3 corps while phantom is fighting just to stay in its G7 largely because of it's weak guard.