Glassmen 2011 show theme announcement thingy . . .

For those that may not be familiar with the tween-angst Twilight movie series, here's the primer on the lead "sparkly vampire" in it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Cullen

Next 2011 show announcement: the Blue Devils play selections from "Buffy".

Actually the music of Buffy would be awesome...Christophe Beck wrote some great things for that show...you can buy the score on Amazon :)

Sez you. Speaking of mish-mash, Marauder's show WAS actually a little more like toad-in-the-hole than a jelly garnish, now that you mention it.

And our 86, 87, and 88 shows made the Marauders look like a marching band. Oh, wait. No they didn't. They were designed that way. Check out our recordings if you'd like to hear some drum corps, though! Thanks for playing!

Epic, my azz.

Your opinions, holmes. By the way, my favorite year for the Knights was '86; no way am I going to be dissing that year. In terms of '87 and and '88 for you all...um, yeah. Thanks for playing, or trying.

I don't have an opion either way yet. why?

BECAUSE OF THIS ####### CAT AND MOUSE GAME OF PEOPLE SAYING WHAT THE HELL THEIR SHOW IS ABOUT!!!

just say it for God's sakes.

Amen to that !!!!

All this teaser garbage is annoying. If a corps didn't secure rights to the music yet....then wait until you do...and THEN post/present your show choice. What's the rush ?

I really like what SCV did back in 2004.....they posted video updates of the corps playing actual show music. Really cool....and for those of you wondering if by posting a lot of show music early in the year effected (negatively) the way the crowd reacted to the show....because most had heard a lot of the music early on....think again. They were the crowd favorite that season.......

Jeff.....don't know if you subscribed to the old DCI Today publications back quite a number of years ago. What was great about the DCI Today is....I believe in the March or early April edition.....the DCI Today would list all of the DCI member corps and the songs they were going to be playing for the upcoming season.

How times have changed. :lol:

So um

Glassmen did that whole "gold" series of shows for a while, and that went pretty well

some of their best received, designed, and scoring programs

and oh hey would you look at that

the 50th anniversary is the gold anniversary?

huh

This might just be me but

maybe, just maybe a "Gold" redux might have been in order?

Either the design staff is asleep at the wheel or they are very, very confident in this mortal beloved thing.

Add me to the group of thinking the staff maybe asleep at the wheel. I really liked the Glassmen shows from 2005 - 2008. Very good choices....and they really made strides at engaging the crowd. The last two seasons.....kind of back to status quo for me.....ho hum.

Your opinions, holmes. By the way, my favorite year for the Knights was '86; no way am I going to be dissing that year. In terms of '87 and and '88 for you all...um, yeah. Thanks for playing, or trying.

Yeah. I guess it's a shame we left our pink ladders and green elf at holme.

Sorry, home.

And the only epic thing about the Marauders in 88 was when the DM, Corey, back-handedly accused us of stealing their cones in Birmingham.

Stay classy, Longview.

PS they did indeed sell out of the boring tee shirt

Danke

I'd prefer not to.

Winner!

Who cares? It will be typical Glassmen. Boring, lifeless, hanging on the edge of Saturday night.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:lol: not polite ...

Why does everyone seem to find Glassmen boring? Their 2009 and 2010 shows were both very entertaining to me. the 2010 show is actually probably one of my top 6 favorite shows from 2010. Sure, the performance levels aren't as high as their stellar 98-02 shows (which I also find very enjoyable), but I still think the past two years have been well designed and very accessible. Loved the brass book from 2010!

Keep doing what you're doing G Team! :ph34r:

oh, also Glassmen's hornline will be excellent this next year under Rinehart and company.

I really like what SCV did back in 2004.....they posted video updates of the corps playing actual show music. Really cool....and for those of you wondering if by posting a lot of show music early in the year effected (negatively) the way the crowd reacted to the show....because most had heard a lot of the music early on....think again. They were the crowd favorite that season.......

While I do agree with you - teasers suck - it does bear mentioning that the 2004 Vanguard played Scherezade, which was 100% in the public domain. Thusly, they could do whatever they wanted with it video / audio wise. Corps playing more recent material are over-the-top paranoid about lawsuits and cease-and-desist letters, especially from symphonic band and contemporary orchestral composers, so that's a big reason behind the dearth of show content from many corps.

Mike