Cadets Uniform

I know I never marched, so who the hell am I (but a rabid Cadets fan of 13 years)...but I'm fine with a one-time change. I do hope that they at least resemble the uniform, and don't look terrible/cheap in and of themselves, but that's all I ask.

That's all.

Go Cadets!

• Like 5

What if the half and half rumor is true? What if they're keeping the West Point style, keeping the colors, keeping the cumberbund, keeping the swirly things, keeping the chevrons, keeping all that.... but instead having half the corps in all maroon, and the other half in all cream...?

Is the world still ending?

... Cause I need to plan ahead.

• Like 3

I beg to differ Charles. Hop is disrespecting his alumni because many of them don't agree with his vision. He reaps what he sows and all that...

Right,

It certainly isn't disrespectful for you to call out Mr. Hopkins a 30+ year fixture in Drum and Bugle Corps by the names, "Hop" or "Hoppy" or whatever rendition of his altered name you use as though you are personal friends or foes... I guarantee that except for your Alumnus status if that is the case that Mr. Hopkins knows not who you are... Nor does he care... YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SHOWS DEEP DISRESPECT!!! :devil:

• Like 1

Right,

It certainly isn't disrespectful for you to call out Mr. Hopkins a 30+ year fixture in Drum and Bugle Corps by the names, "Hop" or "Hoppy" or whatever rendition of his altered name you use as though you are personal friends or foes... I guarantee that except for your Alumnus status if that is the case that Mr. Hopkins knows not who you are... Nor does he care... YOU ARE THE ONE WHO SHOWS DEEP DISRESPECT!!! :devil:

Lighten up Francis... And to highten my disrespect I'll refer to you as "BBB" from now on. :shutup:

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 1

Lighten up Francis... And to highten my disrespect I'll refer to you as "BBB" from now on. :shutup:

At least I got you to put tape over your mouth... It is a start! :thumbup:

• Like 1

dear cadets --

hey guys! we're here. we're watching. we can't wait to see the show!

we got a lot of the same strange vitriolic reaction from alumni when we (laid on the ground for the ballad/went with reversed unis/marched a show with no shakos/had flowers on our backs/shortened the drop sash/lengthened the plumes/added gauntlets/removed gauntlets/put a female dm in a skirt/went to six buttons/eliminated pins/brought pins back/did shows in corps jackets and jeans/started walking to warmup in half uniform/switched from bucks to dinkles/switched buckles for mirrors/went out in shorts and polo shirts).

march and play like cadets -- more importantly, live your lives like cadets -- and what you wear means very little.

sincerely,

98.6% of cadet alumni

I'm with you 100% Sam, and I truly believe the majority of alumni would agree too.

Michael Terry

Cadets Baritone 2000-2007

• Like 4

Making sure skewerz sees this...

thanks for being my little personal shepherd...

George covers up what he knows is gonna be unpopular, and shows things he knows are gonna be popular...and then he has all these little sayings like "I don't care what the fans like"....Defriending people? c'mon...grow up.

And to say he is for tradition is flat out wrong.

• Like 1

thanks for being my little personal shepherd...

George covers up what he knows is gonna be unpopular, and shows things he knows are gonna be popular...and then he has all these little sayings like "I don't care what the fans like"....Defriending people? c'mon...grow up.

And to say he is for tradition is flat out wrong.

okay. ...Next!

I'm with you 100% Sam, and I truly believe the majority of alumni would agree too.

Michael Terry

Cadets Baritone 2000-2007

+2 (again, yes AGAIN!)