Cadets2

Careful Marwan ~ some people hate being reminded of the truth.... :ph34r:

Eh, whatever. I have pretty thick skin... or do you not remember comedy night? :ph34r:

:tongue:

See my reply above, with quote from the release. Similar style = yes. Same colors = no.

Yes. I should have simply read the entire press release, instead of a quick glance read. It was all right there ( sorry.. 'learned my lesson, thanks for the info.)

Edited by BRASSO

This is a non-starter, I would think. The corps could very easily state that they are "all age" and then, by either auditions or the degree of difficulty of the show, weed out those "Olds" among the auditionees.

I am interested to see what, if any, other rules may come down the pike. Since at no time in DCA's history have there been allegations that rules were made specifically because of ONE corps... :tongue:

Hmm...

Anyone remember the "Bushwacker Rule"?

Hmm...

Anyone remember the "Bushwacker Rule"?

I believe you missed the implied sarcasm.

Yes. I should have simply read the entire press release, instead of a quick glance read. It was all right there ( sorry.. 'learned my lesson, thanks for the info.)

Oh, no worries at all, and not meant to come across as snark. Apologies if that was the tone that was conveyed.

I believe you missed the implied sarcasm.

:cool: exactly..... :cool:

Oh, no worries at all, and not meant to come across as snark. Apologies if that was the tone that was conveyed.

No, 'didn't think you came across as snarky at all. I appreciated the info as a matter of fact. Thanks again.

Edited by BRASSO

Yea, I figured this would devolve into "Cadets, blah blah....Hoppy herpy derp derp..." nonsense. If this was any other person or organization you'd see nothing but "Awesome! Welcome aboard, and good luck!" posts. Sad, really.

well, no. if crown, phantom, cavies...whoever started a dca corps with age limits i would be unhappy too. this to me seems like C2 will run the table in a year or two after starting up. In a few years people will be saying "Im sick of seeing C2 win"

I honestly don't see why everyone is freaking out. I'm positive this new corps will not be of the same quality as the Cadets. Cadets rehearse everyday from mid-May to mid-August. This new Cadets2 will only rehearse on the weekends; that's a very small fraction of the World Class rehearsal time. Not to mention the talent level will not be the same. You guys in DCA underestimate yourselves a little too much. Alot of you guys have more talent than any of these kids in DCI. Do you guys see the products you put on the field with a fraction of the resources DCI corps have? It's nothing short of amazing.

I wouldn't spend too much time worring about. Welcome this new group and hope more organization follow and do the same. God knows I've had this idea planted in my brain for some time now, and Hopkins taking this brave step might encourage me to do that same.

Embrace it.

Edited by MelloHorn13

I honestly don't see why everyone is freaking out. I'm positive this new corps will not be of the same quality as the Cadets. Cadets rehearse everyday from mid-May to mid-August. This new Cadets2 will only rehearse on the weekends that one a small fraction of the rehearsal time. Not to mention the talent level will not be the same. You guys in DCA underestimate yourselves a little too much. Alot of you guys are have more talent than any of these kids in DCI.

I wouldn't spend too much time worring about. Welcome this new group and hope more organization follow and do the same. God knows I've had this idea planted in my brain for some time now, and Hopkins taking this brave step might encourage me to do that same.

Embrace it.

I agree it may not be the quality of the cadets BUT will it be the best quality of DCA and offer more the some JRs do from the area? hmmmmmmmm :w00t: