Cadets2

And another thing. I want the Boston Bruins to win the Stanley Cup.

Please stick to facts, and not wild speculation. :ph34r:

Ok, maybe I responded to the wrong post. I don't write on DCP much. Sorry.

The corps that vote in DCA are the 10 highest scoring North American corps in prelims, regardless of division.

And another thing. I want the Boston Bruins to win the Stanley Cup.

Glen

THANK YOU GLEN! That is what I needed to know. Boy, I understand about your reply. I am not a big Internet wiz. I had to edit my reply a few times. I hate it when I read right over and mis a mistake.

(and I could go for the Bruins. My team did not make the playoffs.)

Will be nice if those "Standish Guards" can get everything in order, to get Boston area back in DCA. Although it looks like a few new areas will be added this year. We need Boston back in the All Age DCA..

Mine didn't either (Devils). First time in 16 years. Still not quite over it :)

THANK YOU GLEN! That is what I needed to know. Boy, I understand about your reply. I am not a big Internet wiz. I had to edit my reply a few times. I hate it when I read right over and mis a mistake.

(and I could go for the Bruins. My team did not make the playoffs.)

Will be nice if those "Standish Guards" can get everything in order, to get Boston area back in DCA. Although it looks like a few new areas will be added this year. We need Boston back in the All Age DCA..

OK..... So Cadets want to start Cadets2 and compete in both DCA and DCI.....

Cabs started Muchachos and did "both" circuits.... nobody saw that as a threat to anyone.

Musketeers existed as juniors and seniors...... no problems there either....

Skyliners didn't have a junior corps, but their staff taught a LOT of NY juniors..... no conflict there.

As I think of it....didn't both the Cadets and Cabs have their roots in the St. George's parish of Paterson in pre-WWII days?

Drum corps expands....both circuits keep their identity and culture..... WE win all around.

(NOTE TO GEORGE HOP.: just keep those %^#$$ clarinets & saxophones OUT !)

Joe

I think that might be the first time ever that anyone has depended on me for factual information!!! LOL

HAHA ... me too! ... though I'm more known for urban myths ... here's an old one for you: in 1970, Boston (fresh off 2nd place at VFW Nats) was going to show up at DCA Prelims either as themselves or, dressed as the CT Yankees (they were both taught by Dennon and Schelmar), which led to the "year off" rule ... well before DCI ... hey, c'mon - it's a myth! ... here's a fact though - as far back as 1965, St. Pat's tested the Sr. waters by competing against the likes of Archer-Elper (a DCA charter member) ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko

HAHA ... me too! ... though I'm more known for urban myths ... here's an old one for you: in 1970, Boston (fresh off 2nd place at VFW Nats) was going to show up at DCA Prelims either as themselves or, dressed as the CT Yankees (they were both taught by Dennon and Schelmar), which led to the "year off" rule ... well before DCI ... hey, c'mon - it's a myth! ... here's a fact though - as far back as 1965, St. Pat's tested the Sr. waters by competing against the likes of Archer-Elper (a DCA charter member) ...

:-)

Andy,

As I'm sure you recall, juniors and seniors occasionally competed against each other way back in the mists of time. Both survived.

I can remember competing against Norman Prince, the Fitchburg Kingsmen, and several others on a number of occasions. That was during the early and mid-Fifties. That had pretty much ended by the late Fifties.

Andy

Does anyone actually look forward to competing against a corps consisting of 16-22 year olds, 128 strong? What are the chances of ANYONE being even physically capable of performing some of the drill they will be able to put out. Not to mention the fact that for most of these kids Cadets2 and a part time job at Walmart is all they will have going in their lives. And folks think there's a lack of competitive parity now??!! Sure, let them join and compete. But let's have them open their membership to all age so we can at least have some semblance of a level playing field.

Does anyone actually look forward to competing against a corps consisting of 16-22 year olds, 128 strong? What are the chances of ANYONE being even physically capable of performing some of the drill they will be able to put out. Not to mention the fact that for most of these kids Cadets2 and a part time job at Walmart is all they will have going in their lives. And folks think there's a lack of competitive parity now??!! Sure, let them join and compete. But let's have them open their membership to all age so we can at least have some semblance of a level playing field.

And how much time will they have to learn that drill?