Can SCV Break into the top 5?

No, you have about three people, myself included, saying they are worse than some corps we have seen that didn't make finals, at this point...their drumline, DCI's "masterplan", and their sometimes given ability to fix the mush they put on the field in the beginning of the year---almost insures they will be a finalist corps. Sometimes reading between the lines is, just that, reading between the lines. No one has said they will miss finals.

It's "ENsures"; your signature gave me the go-ahead to tell you that.

I don't see this show breaking into the top 5. It doesn't matter. They have produced a level or interest that few others are producing right now.

There are weak points, but what they have on the field has incredible potential. The message of the show needs clarification as I was distracted by the individual players breaking forms and running around on the field. This may be a result of the numerous holes in the drill.

I expected to hate it based on past comments, but ended up loving it. The brass is weak but the bones of the show are extensive.

I can only see this getting better and better.

what I want to know is how bad a bari player do you have to be to basically be removed from the show as long as that one guy is while dancing around with the guard?

My 2 cents:

- Few are as big a fan of SCV than I

- I've only seen them in the theatre

- I didn't think the level of performance was nearly as bad as others have commented (although I do know someone who saw them in Saginaw and said the horn line was very bad)

- Serious contender for the percussion title thanks to Rennick & Co

- I'm willing to let the program mature, and maybe grow on me, but...

In the theatre I couldn't wait for it to be over, it was just not an enjoyable program.

"We're the corps bringing music to the field that's never been brought to the field". Maybe there's a reason it was never brought to the field.

I'm over people randomly running around.

The kids will work their ### off all summer for sure. But this program will make top 5 when the devil's staircase freezes over.

I have to ask the question simply because I do not know: With everyone saying that the SCV brass line is so bad, has there been a big change from last year to this in their brass staff? Who is their caption head and where does he/she come from? It seems they did a great job in hiring for percussion. Did they have a major change in brass or is it just a slip by the same staff as last year?

the brass book is a beast. fundamentally, the brass sounds fine in just about every element of musicality (intonation, tone, balance, dynamics), but it's going to take them a long while to get it to where it sounds good...especially with the visual demands.

just a beast of a show that might have to get hosed a bit...though i hope not.