Cadets design team sets stage for 2012

Nope, not gonna say it. It's right there, begging to typed. But I'll still refrain.

Garry in Vegas

Which is why I typed what I did and not what I wanted to. :cool:

I predict this show will bomb... :wink:

You really torpedoed this thread...

Would be a sure fire way to get high scores from the Booth.

And this is why I can't stay away from DCP! :smile:

Bocook wrote At Dawn They Slept, one of my favorite concert band pieces of all time. I hope he revisits this piece and modifies it for the Cadets. :satisfied:

I think this would be fantastic. Great programmatic piece... my kids played this last year in Concert Band and would flip out if they knew The Cadets did it this year. Check it out: http://www.jwpepper.com/2700771.item. :thumbup:

Including some Japanese music, perhaps?

A second reason to look here is that among all the giblets and bones there are occasionally some really interesting posts here. Look at the amount of "free" research on the Pearl Harbor concept music that DCP produced in just a day or two. Who's to say that one of those pieces wouldn't work (or lead to other music that would work)?

That's a model that's worked in other fields, as for example in this bit from today's news:

Gamers Unlock Protein Mystery That Baffled AIDS Researchers for Years

i am dubious

"You the Doctor? I'm dubious..."

"Pleased to meet you Mr Dubious, please sit down".

from: Dr Kronkheit and His Only Living Patient (aka vavudeville tem of Smith & Dale)

PS - Anyone who knows German will "get" the Doctors name....

OK, now the thread bottomed out......

Airplanes and anything related to aviation is a huge interest of mine and the only museum in Philly that I'm aware of that has anything aviation related is at the Franklin Institute...I'm really excited for an aviation related show...To Tame the Perilous Skies was also one of my favorite all-time shows from The Cadets :smile:

Nice first post as well and welcome to DCP :smile:

That was an incredibly well designed show! Loved the guard jackets that they later sold off...