Santa Clara Vanguard 2012

They certainly have a strong, capable team put together. Now, the true test comes seeing if they can keep everyone for more than a couple of years. The brass staff in particular has been changing like crazy.

Yeah, there brass has been rather poor the past few seasons or so, but this repertoire is very outspoken with strong brass features and they'll either make it or break it with this show this year.

Edited by Armyscout
  • Like 1

The brass is WAY better, but don't expect a race for the Jim Ott trophy. They will have a hard time playing like Phantom Regiment and Bluecoats, when they are marching Pete's drill.

/voiceofreason

Oh Pete Weber.

Sigh.

I enjoyed never being in front of the front hash in my show as a euphonium. Oh wait, I was. But I was on the 15.

No...I don't resent him haha

• Like 2

herd their brass is sounding excellent right now.

dat_f1803b_323710.jpg

So pumped for 2012 Vanguard. Can't wait to see what they do with JD Shaw. The (starry night) sky is the limit for them.

• Like 1

The brass is WAY better, but don't expect a race for the Jim Ott trophy. They will have a hard time playing like Phantom Regiment and Bluecoats, when they are marching Pete's drill.

/voiceofreason

I can assure you they will sound like SCV.

• Like 4

I can't wait to hear them. They will without a doubt be a musical powerhouse.

• Like 1

As long as they don't "sound like SCV" from the years 03-04-05-06-07-08-09-11, that will be great.

03 and 04 SCV sounded just fine. The less said about that 05 brass line, the better.