Carolina Crown 2012

Dreams sounds like it could be really fun on the field. I hope the drill is as.. frantic as parts of the piece is.

and I love Copland, So I am already sold.

The more I listen to the Third movement of dreams the More I hear "OH #### THATS AWESOME" moments for the show this year.

Edited by ohwiseone

hopefully it won't be a show about communism

Unless they die at the end of the show.

hopefully it won't be a show about communism

I don't think in our red state/blue state country that a corps that hails from Fort Mill, South Carolina will don red clothing, refer to each other as comrade, have hammer and sickles on their flags, and do a tribute to Communism. Then again the Bridgemen hailed from the old established Yankee state of New Jersey and did their Civil War tribute where the South won the war, at least at the shows in Birmingham, Alabama, so I suppose you never know.

• Like 3

Does anyone else think this sounds A LOT like the show announcement for Cavaliers' XY production of 2011?

'...discovery of natural ability or by making extreme sacrifices, human beings are individually and collectively capable of super-human achievements.'

It's been done, Crown :-( I was hoping for something a little more ground-breaking.

• Like 4

Does anyone else think this sounds A LOT like the show announcement for Cavaliers' XY production of 2011?

'...discovery of natural ability or by making extreme sacrifices, human beings are individually and collectively capable of achievements beyond the ordinary.'

It's been done, Crown :-( I was hoping for something a little more ground-breaking.

Agreed, but I do think it is going to be more of a "cocky" approach, whereas the cavaliers took a "unusual... but awesome!" approach

Interesting. You claim ``It`s been done, Crown.``

You haven`t heard the music. You haven`t seen the drill.

And finally, you haven`t seen the show. Yes, my comments are almost repetitive, yet they do stress a point.

I have many favourites in the entire time I`ve been a fan of this activity. Based on what Crown has produced up until now, and based on what they have announced and what I already have looked-up based on their announcement, I`m psyched for this show. More than any other show that has been announced to this point.

And if this were a lottery, I would bet money on the fact that this won`t be like Cavies.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 3

'...discovery of natural ability or by making extreme sacrifices, human beings are individually and collectively capable of super-human achievements.'

For some reason, when i heard the show announcement and musical selections I got the feeling of Olympics...and it is 2012, an olympic year. Olympians make extreme sacrifices and perform superhuman achievements.

• Like 2