Akron Alehouse

Last thing on the stars. There was a trumpet collision. While one trumpet tried to correct the mistake he again bumped into the other trumpet player who then back handed him. I am very upset at the amount of unprofessionalism that trumpet player displayed. Lord help him because if I was director, he would be in huge trouble.

From the Blue Stars Forum "I got this from a member, but apparently a trumpet fell and tripped another one, who fell over him. While falling she accidentally elbowed him."

• Like 2

From the Blue Stars Forum "I got this from a member, but apparently a trumpet fell and tripped another one, who fell over him. While falling she accidentally elbowed him."

Yeah, I was under the impression that Jon's original claim was pretty ridiculous.

• Like 2

Request to Hoppy: The ballad "Do you hear what I hear" at one point is played to the left side end zone. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE turn your corps around and play that luscious sound to the audience. All that great sound is lost to us by playing only to the DM in the end zone. I GUARANTEE you'll get a standing O everytime if you turn your guys around. I'm not wrong about this.

I imagine this was designed with Lucas Oil Stadium in mind.

Great pics! I got really confused when I was scrolling, because all of a sudden Phantom had changed uniforms! Whoops, those were 2009 pics...

I imagine this was designed with Lucas Oil Stadium in mind.

That'll make for a nice effect for those sitting behind the goal posts, but what about the rest of us? :shutup:

Seriously, I know what you're saying, and you're probably right. The UAkron stadium was really built for drum corps, and this was a great place to test how that sound bounces. On that left side and close to the end zone was a nice tall, solid brick wall which will bounce sound when played into. I know what you are saying, and of course the corps like Cadets are always looking for different sounds. Crown is doing a fantastic job of using the entire field even into the end zones to direct audience attention where THEY want it.

But this is The Chord, The Big Moment, the one everyone will be talking about which is at the very end of the tune, just before the horn solo that ends "Do you hear what I hear?" Well, the answer is "no, I don't."

But I'd like to. :cool:

(from about 13:10 to 13:45) C'mon Hoppy, I've been watching you and your Cadets since 1982 Huntington,WV. have I ever asked for anything before? Think of it as your Christmas gift to me. :xmas:

Yeah, I was under the impression that Jon's original claim was pretty ridiculous.

No it was a back hand. This was after they both got back up, and the one was backwards marching trying to correct himself but ended up in the others spot again and the trumpet player literally fully extended their arm and it was a distinct backhand. I would not make something up that nasty about my own corps.

• Like 4

That'll make for a nice effect for those sitting behind the goal posts, but what about the rest of us? :shutup:

I know of a handful of groups that have used the endzones in that roofed stadium to pretty incredible effect... I understand that Akron's a good drum corps stadium, but Lucas Oil is just a whole different ballgame because it isn't good for drum corps.

I do see where you're coming from though, for sure.