2012 Shaping up to be a disappointing season?

I don't know how Crown will place this year. For myself, from a musical standpoint, they are one of the most incredible things I have ever heard on a field.

It was SCV who first introduced me to Copland. This goes a way back into the early 80's (knowing others knew about him much earlier). Others have done his music multiple times since then culminating in another SCV masterpiece - 2009.

I hope that Aaron Copland can somehow hear what Crown has done with his music this year. It's been used over and over yet somehow this year I hear more of Copland than I do of drum corps.

I can't equate this year vs. another. All I know is that when I hear Crown play his music I get the "sense" of Copland.

All I know is that the last time someone played Fanfare for the Common Man was 1988 - It didn't work well on the field then and as far as I'm concerned it still doesn't work on the field.

There's a reason noone has played it in 25 years.

Edited by bluecoats88
  • Like 4

All I know is that the last time someone played Fanfare for the Common Man was 1988 - It didn't work well on the field then and as far as I'm concerned it still doesn't work on the field.

I don't think the reason no one has performed the piece up until now is because "it still doesn't work on the field."

Edited by LincolnV

Wait, so Crown does a hard show for once and gets all praise, but Cadets and Cavies have been doing harder shows for years and gets crapped on for not being clean enough!?Seriously, get our priorities in sync... Crown "bandwagon" much?

Just because Crown finally does a difficult show doesn't mean they are getting my praises yet.

Thats what I find most interesting about DCP,,,for years people have been complaining that the Cavies dont march and play enough and that their shows all seem to be the "same".

Now, that their marching and playing more and have a changed up show design people on here are saying the organization should R.I.P. "cause its not like the Cavies from the last 10 years."

Which one is it?

Last year people said that the Cavies, had too many gimmicks and tricks, and also showed them too early in the season. This year the staff has decided to hold back on giving the audience too much too soon, and suddenly the Cavaliers "will be lucky to stay in the top eight".

• Like 2

I read the entire thread, but this is the most insightful post. My Question: Who will/can/would hold Cesario accountable?

George Hopkins.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Cadets 88 worked, it just falls in between 87 and the fan favorite 89. Love the last 2:00 of 88.

• Like 2

i see you edited your original. arent they the same tongue.gif

You do have a point... ( lol! )