2012 Shaping up to be a disappointing season?

1340897508[/url]' post='3158936']

Any year that has drum corps is going to be a great season.

1340902454[/url]' post='3158995']

It's June.

Best posts on this thread.

Thats what I find most interesting about DCP,,,for years people have been complaining that the Cavies dont march and play enough and that their shows all seem to be the "same".

Now, that their marching and playing more and have a changed up show design people on here are saying the organization should R.I.P. "cause its not like the Cavies from the last 10 years."

Which one is it?

Last year people said that the Cavies, had too many gimmicks and tricks, and also showed them too early in the season. This year the staff has decided to hold back on giving the audience too much too soon, and suddenly the Cavaliers "will be lucky to stay in the top eight".

It's just fair-weather drum corps fans. There are some people who stand by their corps through thick and thin, and always support their decisions, and then there are those fans who only stick to whoever is winning that year, or who has the best potential to win. but when the corps starts out slow, or doesn't live up to the hype, they bail as fast as possible. It happens with drum corps and sports. Just the way people are. Most people only want to be attached to a winner (why do you think BD has so many rook-outs from other corps), and those folks aren't really worth worrying about.

If they lack loyalty, then forget about them. I think the Cavaliers will be fine, but they have a long road ahead of them. Same with Crown, SCV, Phantom, and every other corps out there. We're not even into July, everyone has tons and tons of work to prove that they earn those top spots come August.

I think it is premature to evaluate the season as a whole until it has been completed.

Agree. This is like asking NY Giants football fans on Dec. 5th... "what do you think of the NFL season so far ? "

'Bet they'd have a different answer though if they were asked this question on Feb. 5th ( instead of Dec.5th )

That was me as well.... I found myself listening more than watching.

It is kinda like elevator music--stuff you play in the background that doesn't disturb anything. Another word would be "reading music". It doesn't turn attention to itself. So, you can read to it.

• Like 1

It's all in the ear/eye of the listener/beholder. When I listen to 2007 I can't listen to the top 3, just me. But I would already take UnMasked over Brave New World for Bluecoats (except Creep of course), and have Turandot leaps and bounds over Juliet.

I would also like to say that I am never 'disappointed' with drum corps, any year. To say so would ignore the multitude of real problems happening in the world. Drum Corps is entertainment, take it as it is.

• Like 4

I love all of Crown's show. The simple fact of it being hard as hell is a turn on for me. Once the show gets clean it will blow peoples minds.

What Bach72 said... You act like Crown's show is the first hard show in decades! Can't imagine what other harder shows (like cadets 2007) must have done for you!

• Like 2

I think the longer you stay with the activity, the more you take away from what is being done on the field and the more you can appreciate what is being done to entertain the audience.

I love Phantom. They were the first corps that blew me away. They are my favourite. For years they tried and tried to win with some of the most amazing programs ever. I am happy to say in my lifetime that I didn't leave this earth without them getting the big prize.

I love Vanguard. I love everything about what built them. I listen to the stories about Gail Royer and I can't help but feel that everyone he was associated with helped to build the essence of that corps. I love how they have kept so much of their tradition.

I love Crown because I hear some of the most wonderful music I've ever heard on a football field.

I will love things I see/hear that no one else does. That is what makes this activity. I may not like it when others like it, but somehow, and somewhere when things get quiet I'll listen and suddenly be so into a show that I can't believe I didn't like it when I first heard it (lately that's BD 2011 and SCV 2011).

I buy the APDs, DVDs and Fan Network Subscriptions and I look forward to this season every time it starts and I'm sad everytime it finishes.

• Like 3