Marvelous Minneapolis

The Scouts visual program was very dirty, and they don't march particularly well. When the recaps go up, I'll be interested to see those scores. I'm betting that's what kept them down...

Percussion hurt Madison Scouts tonite according to the recaps.. but to be honest about it, I don't know a paradiddle from a paramutual, so whatever these drum judges see and hear on drums, goes right over my head. I don't pretend to know all the ins and outs of all the sections in the Corps. I thought Boston had a great Guard performance tonite, but the Guard judge sure didn't, but I don't know the difference between a a rifle spin and a guard dance spin.. so this percussion and guard scoring biz is way over my paygrade to be perfectly honest with you.

Edited by BRASSO

Look at percussion scores.

I get what you're saying ... but my point was that execution (being clean) doesn't always mean you're going to win on total score. I know percussion is a problem, but halve that score and average it for the total music score. Where I think PR is beating Cadets and Crown is visual execution, but the demand isn't there .... see what I'm saying? The things that stuck out as SO CLEAN aren't the things that are going to move them up. They did do well in all captions except percussion, but if you're an oldschooler or a n00b .. you'll look at PR and think they should be 2nd overall at this show.

Note I said in a subsequent post....

Every voice needs to be balanced with the rest of the ensemble for the sound to realize its maximum potential.

Well... I had not yet read that post, when I made mine.

And corps that actually balance out the synth are not guilty of GOOing.*

* - (They're not booing, they're GOOing)

Good question.. I wasn't sure either. They need to fix that as the audience shouldn't be confused if the marcher fell and was unconscious or it was just part of the show. The way the marcher got up makes it seem likely his falling was part of the show.. but still in all..

There are 3 hornline members who will "die" in the planned gunfight during that part of the show. Minnesota Brass still has 7 weeks left in their DCA season so there are a lot of changes/tweaks that need to be put in. It's just that the limited rehearsal time makes it difficult to put in all the changes. The all-age corps are still in the early part of their season.

If Madison wanted a better time to go on, they shouldve done better last year.

All these Scouts fans need to get over the fact that they lost to the Cavaliers. If a corps who's consistently in the top 3 suddenly drops several placements in one season, you better believe they're going to do whatever it takes to get back up. They know how to take it to the next level of competition. Scouts on the other hand haven't even broken into the top 6. So it was only a matter of time before this happened.

Aww cmon man .. they have a point. They just need to be patient. Their beef isn't out of line. I feel the same as they do .. but I'm not bent out of shape about it. Flipside, I wish the Cavies fans didn't get so bent out of shape when Scouts fans start barking. Rise above and let it ride. Things will turn out the way they should one way or the other.

• Like 1

PR is very clean visually especially with their marching! Percussion not so much and that is hurting them a lot as from what I saw in the re-cap. Ouch!

Aww cmon man .. they have a point. They just need to be patient. Their beef isn't out of line. I feel the same as they do .. but I'm not bent out of shape about it. Flipside, I wish the Cavies fans didn't get so bent out of shape when Scouts fans start barking. Rise above and let it ride. Things will turn out the way they should one way or the other.

Cavaliers and Blue Devils aren't exactly DCPs favorite corps, so I always have to be defensive lol

• Like 1