San Antonio Sizzler!

Has there ever been a better brass line than this year's Crown brass line? It is jaw dropping at times. I still am not the biggest fan of Fanfare for drum corps though.

Star '91 has long been the standard for me, but I agree that Crown '12 might top that. But not tonight ... the brass sounded a bit off their game to me.

Crown really recovered from last nights lackluster performance. Good Job

• Like 3

Wow. Fan favorite for sure. Two standing O's. One mid way through, one at the end.

• Like 1

Looks like they spent some serious time cleaning that new closer drill. Last night was a hot mess.

Tonight was certainly passable.

They keep improving like that and we just may have a battle for the gold.

• Like 1

There are quite a few shows that I don't really care for this year. Do I now need to go to Wiki to learn why I don't like them?

Not unless you are going to make naive criticisms of them. You don't have to like any show, and you don't have to give a good reason for not liking it. But don't make a stupid argument and expect people to not comment on it.

P.S. I realize you didn't make any specific criticisms of BD's show, but I am explainng why I told someone else to look at the background of the show.

• Like 2

Nope. But if you are going to make naive criticisms of it, at least know what you are talking about.

As BD's narration explains, the artist is incapable of making art naively, but the viewer has no choice but to consume it as such. Drum corps shows should be enjoyable on first watch and without explanation or research. If there are additional layers of appreciation that can be had, that's good and should be expected of a high-quality show. But if it puts off first-timers or naive viewers, then it's failing at its principal motivation: to entertain.

• Like 6

CROWN was definitely 10 times better TONIGHT...Hopefully going to be a lot closer....

• Like 2

Star '91 has long been the standard for me, but I agree that Crown '12 might top that. But not tonight ... the brass sounded a bit off their game to me.

Yeah, the brass was a little off tonight. There were some slight timing issues in Fanfare, and they were out of gas by the end. (Although I'm surprised they're not all dead by the end.)