San Antonio Sizzler!

I am not tearing down anyone for not liking the show. No one has to like it. As I have said, I have hated a lot of BD shows so I understand. That doesn't mean that naive criticism, like suggesting the show is "hipsterish," don't deserve a response?

It does deserve a classy response though. I think that the show is a bit "hipsterish", but that doesn't make my opinion any more or less valid or naive than anyone else's. Their show is based around chaos and irony. Hipsters love irony. You see the parallels there? I don't like their show though, I think there are far better designs out in DCI right now. I've read up on Dada, that doesn't mean that everyone has. And that doesn't mean that people can't draw their own thoughts, opinions, and parallels out of a show. It's just the way things go. Some people think the Cadets show is stupid and cheesy, I think it's fun and exciting. Different strokes for different folks. The longer you're around here, the more you'll understand that people say stuff, it doesn't always require a response. Sometimes just let it go

• Like 1

Hurry up Dan please.

It's after 4am for some folks......

I thought both Crown and Cadets had a better performance tonight than in Houston. I think Crown needs to "de-content" portions of their show. Right off the bat the horn body movement isn't together and sets the stage for every area in the show where they have horn body movement.

Cadets need to ditch the electronic samples. Of all the shows this year, their's is the clearest in objective WITHOUT the samples.

I thought Vanguard was a little rougher than yesterday.

Phantom seemed to have an extra punch in their show tonight.

Re: BD. It's not my style, but I can clearly see the excellence and admit that some of that show is interesting. If I was in the audience, I would stand up and cheer for them at the end of their show.

Re: Bluecoats. I've heard comments about their visual this year but I think it's a huge improvement over last year. I can't wait to listen to them.

Crown- If I could make your sound into liquid I would pour it all over me. Outstanding show guys. Just wow.

Time to bring out Cesario's "Bathing in Chocolate" speech again?

A little nod to VK there with the lawn chairs? thumbup.gif

I wonder if they got permission because VK wasn't allowed to bring the chairs on for retreat after '83 (or was it '84?). The only thing that would make this perfect is if BD's dm's walked over for a little "toast".

Edited by skajerk
  • Like 1

Maybe because you misused the word whom.

....I didn't even use 'whom' in the original post. Texting posts on my iPhone is not so easy with my giant hands. Thanks for your criticisms though.

• Like 1

I just don't understand why some people take it so personal when you don't like their favorite show/corps. Take a breath. Calling people "stupid" and "naive" is not gonna gain you many friends. It's just drumcorps. It's not important. Like what you like, hate what you hate, and I'll do the same. To each his/her own. :cool:

It's not personal at all. It is just discussion. Am I supposed to just ignore the suggestion that their show is "hipsterish"? What is the point of this board if I am. I apoligize for using the word "naive," but I can't think of a better word. It shows a lack of understanding of hipster culture (which I loathe), art history, or the Blue Devils ... or more likely, all of the above.

Squeeze up.....!