Hot, Hot, Hotlanta

can someone please explain to me how BDs guard is winning over Crown and Phantom?

I think it's a close call.

PR has the cleanliness. Crown has the writing. BD has the best mix of both. For now.

Personally, I'm still waiting for a top-flight Cadets guard to hit the field again. There really isn't anything quite like it.

guard? :laughing:

I remember COLOR GUARD. Boy those were the days. Now days you never EVER see more than two rifles at the same angle if you stop the video.

• Like 3

Some bonehead on Twitter is trying to make the argument that Cascades show borders on racism...dearest God

hhhhmmm wonder if the bonehead realizes that the snare who is from Japan probably would not have spent the money to fly from Japan to Washington for every camp and to tour with them if he felt there was racism in the show. He also probably would not have brought things for the show back with him from Japan either. I would say the bonehead has no idea about Shinto either. :devil: :devil:

Regarding booing . . . if you don't like a placement for a particular corps, then boo when that placement is announced. That makes your intentions clear. Isn't this what fans did in the mid-90s when they didn't approve Madison getting 4th/5th/6th? When you boo your preferred corps rival then it sure does seem like you're booing that corps, and not "the judges". Or better yet, just don't boo at all.

Also, the scattered boos at last week's regional inspired me to dig up an old thread about the worst booing incident in DCI history, which for some reason is never brought up in these discussions about booing and BD. Can't really figure out why. It does seem like a few posters have changed their views about booing in drum corps though . . . can't really narrow down a reason for that, either!

Booing and the Cadets

Something I'll never approve of. Now if they were saying mike boo. they would sound happy of course.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Agree 100%..

Edited by ajwdad

Thom Hannum beats are incredibly difficult and require a huge amount of talent and knowledge to pull off perfectly.

Hannum beats are no more difficult than what Rennick writes, but the Jonz are clearly the strength of their corps.

guard? :laughing:

I remember COLOR GUARD. Boy those were the days. Now days you never EVER see more than two rifles at the same angle if you stop the video.

You might be right, but guards today hardly ever do pinwheel spins. It's mostly tosses which are harder to synchronize for height and positioning.

• Like 1

12. 81.65 Bluestars

11. 82.70 Blueknights

10. 83.40 Spirit of Atlanta

9. 84.90 Madison Scouts

8. 85.95 Cavaliers

7. 86.30 Boston Crusaders

6. 88.20 Bluecoats

5. 88.85 Santa Clara Vanguard

4. 90.45 Phantom Regiment

3. 90.60 Cadets

2. 92.00 Carolina Crown