Open the roof

Drum Corps and/or Marching Bands should NEVER play at an indoor venue!!!! There is no debating this.... its bad enough WGI Winter Percussion ... please stop marching bandizing DCI.... the Bb horns and microphones are bad enough!!!!!

Now there is a good point! Let's return winter percussion to it's rightful place ... outdoors!

Wait, what?

It was never outdoors?

And you mean to tell me it is in the winter time?! And couldn't be outdoors?

What a horrible activity. Let's kill it.

:doh:

• Like 1

I truly didn't know what some corps were even playing until I listened to the audio files later, or looked it up in the programs. You basically could only hear echoes of chords and major drum hits.

Something tells me that the roof being closed wasn't the only reason for this - then again, there are other threads that discuss the current state of DCI arranging :)

Nah .. cmon Jeff .. you have your moments

I do...and those moments deserve red.

I mean it's not always easy making idiots look worse without being totally insulting.

but I see why it's green...the idiots don't get it when I make em look worse

:tongue:

IMO, the biggest issue inside is it magnifies low end synth, and hides up bass drum parts that aren't unison and played at 30 inches.

• Like 1

Since thunderstorms are in the forecast, the roof stays closed. Yay!

they wouldn't open it anyways.

• Like 2

it's hot, humid, and probably gonna rain. Be glad you'll have a roof over your head and some air conditioning.

Looking at the forecast for DCI finals night; a high of 80 and no rain. I doubt the Lucas Oil Stadium roof will be open, but it sure would be nice.

Keep it closed, One less thing to worry about. No more baking , or drenching the corps.....

• Like 1

All hail the Thunder Dome!

And did someone really say they wanted AC because it was going to be 80 degrees? I was at one show where it was 107 and one at 109 earlier this year. I lived. :devil:

All hail the Thunder Dome!

And did someone really say they wanted AC because it was going to be 80 degrees? I was at one show where it was 107 and one at 109 earlier this year. I lived. :devil:

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the never ending echo of the low end synth...could you repeat that in a higer frequency?

:tongue:

• Like 1