Open the roof

Yeah and that's one reason they haven't been opening the roof, besides the heat. Today's Indy storms are coming in on a front, but other storms do pop up in Indy in August with little or no warning. People say, gee we woulda gotten creamed without an indoor stadium in 2011, but if finals hadn't been in Indianapolis the midwest, they would have been fine.

Indianapolis doesn't have an exclusivity deal on late summer pop-ups from hell. :smile:

I thought this thread was about the roof. Now, not only do they hate the roof, the city isn't faring much better either.

Sheesh!

I was mighty glad for a roof over my head tonight. Thunder, lightning, rain, and some hail--it wouldn't have been pretty.

Tonight = the reason not to open the room during a championship event. Esp. one that lasts 3 days an could effect many corps

I thought this thread was about the roof. Now, not only do they hate the roof, the city isn't faring much better either.

Sheesh!

I was mighty glad for a roof over my head tonight. Thunder, lightning, rain, and some hail--it wouldn't have been pretty.

Thunderbolt and lightning! VERY VERY FRIGHTENING ME!

• Like 1

[/b]

Thunderbolt and lightning! VERY VERY FRIGHTENING ME!

Momma mia!

it's never going to open. we're stuck with lousy sound for a musical activityfor finals til it moves, which probably won't happen. this is thebest thing for Allentown ticket sales ever

I wouldn't worry about FINALS being staged indoors forever. I think we can assume work is underway somewhere to move them to the next great stadium being planned in MINNEAPOLIS. It will make LOS look and feel like wooden bleachers. The roof will open on command and the field will be drained and air-conditioning will crank on in a matter of seconds and curtains will drop from the sky. Count on it. It will all cost in excess of a BILLION dollars and it is going to be ready in 5 or 6 years in one of Drum Corps' favorite friendly cities. ---Minneapolis, Minnesota. Cleaner, safer, less expensive. . . . BETTER ALL AROUND. SEE YOU THERE!

The roof's open!

The roof's open!

Yep! Go Colts!

(saying that as a Bears fan living in Indianapolis...)

Interesting. The roof is open in Indy for the Colts game. And the field looks like absolute crap with all the funky shadows. That would have been terrible for afternoon corps at prelims and semis.

So much for the "slightest chance of rain" theories...

Not sure I follow your point about the field - elaborate?