Madison Scouts 2013

feel Madison should take a look at that tag-on uptempo finish after "You'll Never Walk Alone" - seems very abrupt and out of place both musically and thematically

• Like 3

feel Madison should take a look at that tag-on uptempo finish after "You'll Never Walk Alone" - seems very abrupt and out of place both musically and thematically

I said the same 2 weeks ago. I don't like it.

What wuld you replace it with? In 2010, they did the same thing with ESOM and had the crowd going wild. I agree that some change is needed, and quite probably will come before Atlanta, but what? Madison is a corps that has always been upbeat. I would like to see something more dramatic, but not necessarily in the same vein in YNWA.

Just wanted to give some props to my second favorite corps of the 2013 season. (you can guess my favorite, I think. :smile:/> ) Thank you, 2013 Madison Scouts for a show I will want to watch over and over again for years to come!!!

Troopers are Fantastic 2013 and they have an amazing show!! :thumbup:

I saw this comment and went back and watched the show again.

I agree with you.

But....that push forward, including the high mark time....I am telling you now, Allentown will one gigantic "release" at that moment...all genders included.

And if they drop the volume on the thunderous goo...look out

• Like 1

I have a couple of questions/observations:

I just realized that Madison isn't using Tympani this year. I wonder why not?

Madison was the only Corps to be announced by a different announcer. That's fine by me because I think Brandt Crocker is terrible, with his raspy & rumbly voice which at times is difficult to understand. "Phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantommmmmmmm Regiment". Back in the day he just announced the Corps in a normal voice. DCI must have told him to make it more dramatic. He sounds ridiculous. Anyway, is the Madison Scouts introduction part of their pre-recorded package?

I like the uptempo ending.

Edited by FlamMan

I have a couple of questions/observations:

I just realized that Madison isn't using Tympani this year. I wonder why not?

Madison was the only Corps to be announced by a different announcer. That's fine by me because I think Brandt Crocker is terrible, with his raspy & rumbly voice which at times are difficult to understand. "Phaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantommmmmmmm Regiment". Back in the day he just announced the Corps in a normal voice. DCI must have told him to make it more dramatic. He sounds ridiculous. Anyway, is the Madison Scouts introduction part of their pre-recorded package?

I like the uptempo ending.

Yes. It is pre-recorded, and it is none other than famed former announcer, Joe Bruno.

A quick question for those of you who have seen the Scouts live this season: Are they tilting their snare drums this year? I've seen a couple of pictures and some of the drums looked tilted.

• Like 1

A quick question for those of you who have seen the Scouts live this season: Are they tilting their snare drums this year? I've seen a couple of pictures and some of the drums looked tilted.

Yes, they have a slight tilt. Personally, I like the look, always have.