G7 Update

I am as far away from promoting the G7 split-off as anyone on DCP, however your term springboard is interesting. The Blast Playbill liner notes mentioned that they were formerly involved in DCI; implying that DCI was a springboard to their higher level of the Broadway production of Blast. In a G7/DCI split-off scenario couldn't BD and Cadets promote themselves in the same manner within their Program liner notes implying that DCI was a mere springboard to their 'supposed' higher status level? Possible example for their liner notes: (The ensembles appearing in this production were for many years the elite of the drum corps competitive arena. This includes the 15-time DCI World Champion Blue Devils, the 10-time DCI World Champion Cadets, ...) I am not saying the split-off would be a good thing, but just saying that this is a way the G7 could use DCI as a so-called liner note springboard to their production.

I'm wondering if BD or Cadets would have to get permission from DCI to do something like that?

• Like 1

I'm wondering if BD or Cadets would have to get permission from DCI to do something like that?

I doubt it. It is accurate history. But I think the word "formerly" would be mandatory. And I'd would hope that DCI require reference using their name and logo, such that a disclaimer describes what DCI is. That would beg the question "And you left, why, again?"

Perhaps I'm being a bit caustic.:tongue:/>

I am as far away from promoting the G7 split-off as anyone on DCP, however your term springboard is interesting. The Blast Playbill liner notes mentioned that they were formerly involved in DCI; implying that DCI was a springboard to their higher level of the Broadway production of Blast. In a G7/DCI split-off scenario couldn't BD and Cadets promote themselves in the same manner within their Program liner notes implying that DCI was a mere springboard to their 'supposed' higher status level? Possible example for their liner notes: (The ensembles appearing in this production were for many years the elite of the drum corps competitive arena. This includes the 15-time DCI World Champion Blue Devils, the 10-time DCI World Champion Cadets, ...) I am not saying the split-off would be a good thing, but just saying that this is a way the G7 could use DCI as a so-called liner note springboard to their production.

"Mommy, if they were the elite in that other group, why did they leave there?"

Daddy: "And Mommy, why did it take them 10 championships to realize that other organization was just a springboard? Star did it, what, one?"

Perhaps I'm being a bit caustic. :tongue:/>

• Like 1

While perhaps true, should the Gee 7 ( or whatever number ) go off on their own, I suspect what they decide to put in their " liner notes " in the program books to be the least of their worries and concerns.

This is interesting... (and I'm only using your post as a springboard, Stu).

If the 7 leave DCI then what, for example, will BD be the "15-time World Champion" of?

I can see their program: "Cadets, 10-time World Champion of Drum Corps International. The organization that was so competitive we had to leave." ??

Or, "The Cadets. 10-time champion of DCI, an organization where there was no competition."

Compelling.

:blink:/>/>

It doesn't mean that they have never been there. The BD are still the 15-time world champions, Cadets still 10-time world champs.

Plus, my guess is that they'd be marketing themselves as the top marching/music ensembles in he world, regardless of where they are performing.

• Like 1

"Mommy, if they were the elite in that other group, why did they leave there?"

Daddy: "And Mommy, why did it take them 10 championships to realize that other organization was just a springboard? Star did it, what, one?"

Perhaps I'm being a bit caustic. :tongue:/>/>/>/>/>

"Mommy.. why didn't you call Linda, our babysitter ?. I need to go the bathroom now, and can we go home ? "

Then the fireworks commences ( G7, or DCI... its all the same to the tots )

Edited by BRASSO

Plus, my guess is that they'd be marketing themselves as the top marching/music ensembles in he world, regardless of where they are performing.

But if they were to leave DCI and just be in an organization with the 7, how could they quantify such a statement?

"We are the best of..... EACH OTHER!!! (even though there are 15 or so other groups out there that we will no longer compete against to fully determine whether or not we truly are the best)"

But if they were to leave DCI and just be in an organization with the 7, how could they quantify such a statement?

"We are the best of..... EACH OTHER!!! (even though there are 15 or so other groups out there that we will no longer compete against to fully determine whether or not we truly are the best)"

These corps have a combined 39 World Champion Titles, including two ties, in the 40 years of Drum Corps International; I think that 'quantifies' their claim.

• Like 1

These corps have a combined 39 World Champion Titles, including two ties, in the 40 years of Drum Corps International; I think that 'quantifies' their claim.

Didn't Madison win twice (75, 88); Anaheim & Star once? Oh I see, perhaps you are counting the ties to offset some of that? Still not working but I am not best at math in public.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 2