What will help DCI become more entertaining

Personally, I hate it when a drumline goes up to the corner and just stands there; I agree on that.

That is the old timer in me coming out, I guess! :smile:

Same here, Mike... I agree.

Some year I'd like to see a ballad in which the drum line plays, and the horn line sits out. :tongue:

• Like 1

How about a MMA cage match between judges and DM's right after scores ? :shutup:

• Like 1

yellow slips of paper

Between the WGI "Mafia" controlling the visual thoughts. Many of the current judges depend on judging WGI in the winter and will not upset the apple cart of those who are big in that idiom. Doesn't matter if they use smoke and mirrors or clothes racks made to look like horses. Reading the comments on percussion standing out of the way I totally agree that is a bad thing. If you want to compare something interesting look at how often some of the top hornlines move and play at the same time and how much the guards have little form involvement. The staging mostly moves around them.

I would guess there are at least half likely more of the current visual judges that would not know what to do if you put a sheet of drill paper in fromnt of them or even a Pyware program. Couple that with the control 1 uniform company has (even having the name of the "artistic" director on the product.

One of the dumbest things DCI did was to make the scores for visual and music equal. Atleast when it was 60/40 music it meant guard only controlled about 55% instead of the current 75-80%.

I agree with the WGI guard control as being a negative and has been a big reason shows are less entertaining and music has been devalued. I think the other thing brought up here that has very serious ethical questions is having Cesario as the artistic director influencing shows and more importantly judges and having a huge vested name involvement with the uniform company most of the rcent champions have worn.

Time to clean house and eliminate the appearance (and it may be just appearance) that things might be influenced by things other than the members.