Fan Network 2013

I renewed my subscription last week and tested FN today (been super busy) > logged in with a Windows 7 Acer laptop > selected 1974-2012 tab > picked a year > double clicked on a corps and no video. However, when I click on the arrow beside the corps, I get audio. Any assistance would be appreciated as I'd like to see Stanford tonight, if possible. Thanks : )

I renewed my subscription last week and tested FN today (been super busy) > logged in with a Windows 7 Acer laptop > selected 1974-2012 tab > picked a year > double clicked on a corps and no video. However, when I click on the arrow beside the corps, I get audio. Any assistance would be appreciated as I'd like to see Stanford tonight, if possible. Thanks : )

First of all, is Adobe Flash installed? If not, that's your problem. If it is, which browser were you using? My suggestion is to install Google Chrome and just use it from now on.

First of all, is Adobe Flash installed? If not, that's your problem. If it is, which browser were you using? My suggestion is to install Google Chrome and just use it from now on.

Yes.. Google Chrome, git-r- done. :smile:

You don't need Flash to watch the archive stuff though-- I watched it all weekend long on my iPad during the free preview. (Though, based on previous posts, it seems you do need it for the live shows.)

I emailed DCI and realized it was the weekend; yikes! > read all the FN FAQs > researched > came back here for a peek > installed another browser > tested > I'm good to go.

Thanks so much for your assistance. DCP peeps are cool! Hugs! I can't wait until tonight. Thanks again : )

You don't need Flash to watch the archive stuff though-- I watched it all weekend long on my iPad during the free preview. (Though, based on previous posts, it seems you do need it for the live shows.)

The archive stuff is current playing in Flash for me. When you play it on the iPad, it plays in HTML5. Desktop browsers default to Flash.

Edited by cmathis

Well, it depends on both your laptop and your tv. Most newer TVs will have an RGB input. You can hook a VGA cable from the laptop to the tv, and you would also need a male to male audio cable for sound. Now, if you are REALLY lucky, your laptop has an HDMI out port. If so, that's all you need... HDMI from the laptop to the TV handles picture and sound. Full screen your video (you may need to use the Fn key to send the video to the tv and Viola! Large screen DCI goodness. (Watched everything last year on my 42", looked GREAT!)

Not knowing anything about all these cables I went to Best Buy and told them what I wanted to do. The guy ran and grabbed me a cable and said "here is what you need!". You just hook it up, and set the tv to receive the input from it and you are off and running.

Have read most, but not all, of the thread. Looking for show start times...

Anyone else see that NOWHERE on the FN does it state the show times?

DCI's schedule is absent start times, too. Only when you navigate to the official show site does it show the time.

Did I miss something?

The live broadcast time schedule is normally posted on the main DCI site... here is the link for tonights live stream...

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=df7f8dd1-3412-4c7d-bba2-595547bab74f