Bluecoats new uniform

As an armchair uniform critic, I think these new suits are incredibly awesome. Based on the photo of someone actually wearing them, they still look tall and thin, which is what helps the drill. The only thing that might be a drawback is that while the waist has contrast on it (and a neat nod to the past), the hands/helmet do not, so when horns are "up" and the corps is marching, you're only going to be seeing a light blue horizontal stripe.

That said, Bluecoats are going to be doing most of their shows either indoors or at night, and I'm sure the colors will look great under artificial lighting. Knowing Brent Becker, there are probably some interesting fabrics/textures hidden in there as well.

For the drummers, though, these are going to be awesome. The upper chest detail will be easy to spot, and the cut of the jacket in the front seems heaven-sent for carriers to connect to drums.

All in all, I think they're exciting and a neat update on a traditional look!

Mike

• Like 1

Not a fan.. but we'll wait and see how it looks on the field.

yeah. I don't really see it as old school like some are saying

meh...wish these guys (along with a couple others) would go back to white pants. Think the long jacket may make some of the smaller members look even smaller on the field...like they were wearing their dads dinner jacket. Love 'Coats just not a fan of this look..

Not a fan.. but we'll wait and see how it looks on the field.

....It will look the exact same. Except surrounded by green. Maybe a little bit blurrier because they are moving? It's not like the uniforms will magically grow 10 feet longer or sprout fairy wings because they stepped onto a football field. If you would have said "I guess we will wait to see how the designers decide to use this uniform look in their visual program," that would have made a lot more sense.

meh...wish these guys (along with a couple others) would go back to white pants. Think the long jacket may make some of the smaller members look even smaller on the field...like they were wearing their dads dinner jacket. Love 'Coats just not a fan of this look..

1252292651894.jpg

Edited by THeShadeOfNight
  • Like 1

I don't hate it but I have grown very fond of the uniform they've worn the last couple of years. It looked great both close up and on the field. Very trendy - yet still with a military feel to it. Unfortunate that they felt the need to change.

• Like 2