Boston's Up!

I love Water Night and I'm really looking forward to hearing a drum corps arrangement of the piece. Eric Whitacre's music has an enormous amount of power and feeling. This could end up being the best ballad of the season. I'm counting on you, BAC.

• Like 4

I love Water Night and I'm really looking forward to hearing a drum corps arrangement of the piece. Eric Whitacre's music has an enormous amount of power and feeling. This could end up being the best ballad of the season. I'm counting on you, BAC.

Boston's encore pieces this year that I noticed yesterday from their website will be " Shipping up to Boston " by the Dropkick Murphys ( and featured in the Movie Soundtrack from " The Departed " ),The Ryan George musical creation for the Presidential Inaugural Parade, and also their signature "Conquest ".

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

I've seen the first third of the show. The corps is fielding it's most mature hornline since 2002, and the guard is the biggest it's ever had. I'm not a drummer so the percussion thing always is impressive to me. Creatively, BAC has taken a road it never has before. I think the audiences will eat it up, but while the traditions remain strong, 2013 is definitely not your father's BAC...very much looking forward to the Cinecast on the 24th. This show is a radical departure from recent offerings.

btw, I do NOT know who designed the "RISE" show logo, but the more you look at it, the more you see.....

I like the logo!

I was seriously wondering if they would ever officially announce their show this year! It's great to see that it's not a greatest drum corps hits show. :tongue:/>/>

I can't wait to see this production and now I can finally spend some quality time listening to the source music before the 24th.

Eat em' up BOSTON!

• Like 2

Without considering how their drum corps arrangements turn out, this is my personal favorite book of music choices ... so far.

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 3

I was seriously wondering if they would ever officially announce their show this year!

What's the latest that a corps has announced its show? In 2010, Blue Knights apparently didn't officially announce their show ("Europa") until June 29, seven days after their first competition (apparently the title was mentioned in passing sometime in May 2010 on BK's Facebook page, but hardly anyone noticed that until mid-June).

Agreed. For those who are uninitiated to Whitacre, this is the Virtual Choir version of Water Night... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3rRaL-Czxw.

Really amazing piece. :-)

• Like 3

I've seen the first third of the show. The corps is fielding it's most mature hornline since 2002, and the guard is the biggest it's ever had. I'm not a drummer so the percussion thing always is impressive to me. Creatively, BAC has taken a road it never has before. I think the audiences will eat it up, but while the traditions remain strong, 2013 is definitely not your father's BAC...very much looking forward to the Cinecast on the 24th. This show is a radical departure from recent offerings.

btw, I do NOT know who designed the "RISE" show logo, but the more you look at it, the more you see.....

Craig I been helping out for two weeks at nichols. You are right and you will love it.

• Like 1

Boston's encore pieces this year that I noticed yesterday from their website will be " Shipping up to Boston " by the Dropkick Murphys ( and featured in the Movie Soundtrack from " The Departed " ),The Ryan George musical creation for the Presidential Inaugural Parade, and also their signature "Conquest ".

Yes and it sound great with the new sound equipment.

Craig I been helping out for two weeks at nichols. You are right and you will love it.

Thanks so much for all of your hard work these last 2 weeks!! Volunteers are such an important part of the Crusader family!! I hope they know how much everyone appreciates them!!

Eat 'Em Up Boston!!!

• Like 1