Mesa, Arizona

By the way, in head to head when did Crown beat BD last?

The season opener in 2011, I believe. Crown placed 1st and BD 3rd. There was fan voting at that show too, which ranked Crown 4th and BD 5th. Oddly enough, that's where Crown placed the next night and throughout finals week.

I'm glad they're out west this year. I'll get to see them a few times before finals week!

Lol if I hadn't gone back a few pages, I almost thought these were actual scores.

I thought the show was last night..felt like such a newb. lol

Show begins at 7:45 Mountain Time. Us folk in the Eastern Time Zone may actually appreciate that it will end by 11 our time.

Mountain Standard Time though. Arizona does not have daylight savings time though so it is actually 3 hours earlier than EDT.

Mountain Standard Time though. Arizona does not have daylight savings time though so it is actually 3 hours earlier than EDT.

Very informative. Thanks.

I was actually able to see PC at their preview and it's definitely a scarier monster than last years corps. In fact, it makes last years corps look like it'd never stand a chance. I know I'm homer partial to this corps having spent 3 seasons with them but I'm also harsh on the ones I love as well. This corps would've given Glassmen a run for their money last season. I wouldn't be surprised to see them shake things up more this year. Also, they are really close to painfully loud. I say they are the non championship contending dark horse of the year (meaning a possible top 12 finish).

My predictions

What I'd like to see

Crown

PC

BK

Academy

What we will most likely see

Crown

BK

Academy

PC

What will be the proper upset if it were to happen

Crown

BK

PC

Academy

Edited by azul
  • Like 1

I also saw PC that night. I don't think they'll crack the top 12 this year, but I see them finishing stronger than last year. I really like the direction this corps has gone over the last three years.

Edited by TeamQuavers
  • Like 1

It looks to be interesting, quite a few winterguards did bitter earth two years ago and i enjoyed it then. Sorry about your one course, 98 was a beast of a show as well :)

Yeah thanks for the razzing... Haha but seriously I have their preview performance on my phone and they are very much like 2007, 2011 BK in their maturity of sound! I know I'm a mega fan and have students/ex students marching there, but I also know quality! BK has an exceptional show and they'll not only be a favorite this year they're gonna scare the hell outta whoever's in their path.... By the by '99 was supposed to be my ageout year, 1 college course kept me from my ageout!!! Yikes:(